• Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351606

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ericspeanuts.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : "4.2.8
-- PHP version -- : 8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

Hello,

I installed the Postfinance checkout flex on my website. The payment process works and completes the transaction.
I have two questions:

1) From the moment the client accepts the General conditions and clicks to confirm the order and the moment he is transferred to the Postfinance
payment page, it can take quite some time. The spinning wheel seems to spin forever. At some point, clients with little patience think the transaction has failed or frozen and quit. Is there a way to shorten this transition time?

2) On the Checkout flex platform (space/payment/transaction) each transaction has no reference to an hikashop order ID. Thus it is hard to know who paid what and how to reconcile each transaction. How can I add the hikashop order ID to the corresponding transaction in Checkouf fex?

Thank you and best regards,

Eric Ware

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
10 months 2 weeks ago #351608

Hi,

1. There are many things which happens at that moment:
- the cart is converted into an order and saved in the database. This can't be shortened
- mass actions with "before an order is created" and "after an order is created" are triggered. Based on what mass actions you've configured, it's possible a massaction would take a lot of time to process
- plugins implementing the onBeforeOrderCreate and onAfterOrderCreate are triggered. Some plugins can potentially slow down the process a lot. For example, a plugin integrating with an ERP and having to perform several operations onto the ERP's API to register the order can incure a substantial delay and you can't do much about it
- HikaShop sends the "order creation notification" email to the customer and the "order admin notification" email to the shop owner. Sending an email can take a lot of time, especially if there are attachments. These emails can be deactivated in System>Emails if you don't need them.
- the payment plugin talks with the payment gateway to generate the redirection URL to the payment gateway page. It can take a while based on the distance between your website server and the payment gateway's. It can't be shortened
- the brower retrieves the HTML and then redirects to the payment gateway page. The payment gateway can sometimes process a lot of things on their end at that point which can also lead to delays and you can't shorten it.

2. I'll let TsukiDev, the developer of the plugin, answer you on this as I don't know how the payment plugin works.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351622

Hello, and thank you very much for your extended reply. I will see if we can improve the period between ordering and payment. Thank you also for transferring my request to TsukiDev.

Best regards,

Eric

• Thank you received: 33
10 months 2 weeks ago #351634

Hello Eric,

Can you send us an email with some information regarding how you configured :
- Your checkout workflow ("Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout")
- Your PostFinance payment method ("Hikashop->System->Payment methods-> ' Your payment method' ")

You can send it via : tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351665

Hello,

I sent an email to the mentioned email. Did you receive it?
We are still having error issues.
One client pressed the FINISH button to confirm the order and pay, then landed on an "Ooooops”, something went wrong" page. He never made it to the payment gateway page and canceled the order.
Some other clients do not encounter any problems.
Sometimes the plugin works, and sometimes it does not.

Please let me know if you can help.

Best regards,

Eric

• Thank you received: 33
10 months 2 weeks ago #351668

Hello Eric,

I sent an email to the mentioned email. Did you receive it?

Yes of course, we just replied and we'll help you debug your website to find the culprit behind that huge loading time after pressing the "Finish" button

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Tsuki Dev
tsukidev.contact[at]gmail[dot]com

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds