Disable shipping from Paypal Checkout

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351662

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2

Hello,
How can I disable shipping address from PayPal Checkout ?
BTW, the doc for paypal checkout is unavailable ?
I am selling digital goods and online training. There is therefore no need for Paypal Checkout to display any info about shipping. How can it be disabled ?
I found this info : www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Envi...e/m-p/3036781#M10440
Is this implemented in Hikashop plugin ? and if so how can I enter this NO_SHIPPING setting ?
Thanks for your help with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
10 months 2 weeks ago #351664

Hi,

Below the line:

$orderData->application_context = new stdClass();
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypalcheckout/paypalcheckout.php
add the line:
$orderData->application_context->shipping_preference = 'NO_SHIPPING';
Please let us know how it goes.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pierrick

• Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351674

Works perfectly ! THANK YOU !!
Is there a similar possibility for the phone ?
On my shop preferences on the Paypal website, it is clearly indicated that it should be deactivated (which it is the case in my settings) and yet it is still asked and marked compulsory during the checkout process.
Could this be overridden in the plugin ?

10 months 2 weeks ago #351675

Hi,

The phone number requirement during the checkout process can be changed under the Display>Custom fields menu, in the backend of your HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #351688

Unfortunately, this does not work
But maybe I didn't describe the issue properly, it is during the PayPal checkout process, after the client chose to pay by Card, that the required phone is asked (see the attachments)
Which is why I thought this was possibly something that could be done in Hikashop PayPal Checkout plugin addressing a specific PayPal API setting, similarly to the previous issue with the shipping address

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Pierrick.

10 months 2 weeks ago #351699

Hi,

HikaShop will send the billing address data to PayPal Checkout as long as you didn't remove the "address" view from your checkout workflow, and thus these fields will be prefilled automatically for the customer.
But if you remove the address in HikaShop, then the plugin can't provide the information to PayPal and the customer will have to enter it in the PayPal interface if PayPal deems it as necessary.
I don't think there is any setting in the API to control that from the plugin side, or even from your PayPal merchant account.
I suppose the billing address is required for tax declarations on PayPal's side and thus they have to ask it (and maybe you should too if that's not the case ?). The best would be to check with the PayPal support. Maybe they have a trick I don't know about.

• Hikashop Business
10 months 4 days ago #351922

Sorry I didn't replay earlier
Actually, the problem is not the address, although what your said makes sense.
The procedure you gave me earlier removed the address; My problem is with the phone.
Paypal checkout is asking for the phone even though in paypal policy it is clearly stated to avoid asking for the phone, especially for digital goods.
Therefore in my Paypal merchant account settings preferences, I configured it to not ask for the phone as advised by Paypal itself.
Yet Paypal checkout plugin ask for the phone ? (as shown in my previous message screen captures)

=> stackoverflow.com/questions/21765117/tur...pal-express-checkout

(I just added a screen shot with my Paypal merchant phone settings)

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 months 4 days ago by Pierrick.

10 months 4 days ago #351931

Hi,

There are several things:
- By default, HikaShop will have a phone number field in each billing/shipping address. This can be controlled in the Display>Custom fields menu.
- Many payment plugins will send the value entered in that address field to the payment gateway as it is required by the payment gateway. However, it is not the case with PayPal Checkout and the plugin doesn't send the phone number even if provided by the customer in his address.
- Similarly, PayPal Checkout's API doesn't have any parameter to activate / deactivate asking for the phone number on the credit card form. This is completely controlled by PayPal. Why would PayPal not honor the setting you pointed at in the merchant account is something I can't answer. You need to check with PayPal's support as I was saying previously.

• Hikashop Business
9 months 3 weeks ago #352051

Could it be because of this ?

Préférences de site marchand
Ces paramètres affecteront uniquement les boutons PayPal intégrés à l'aide de l'un de nos sites partenaires de confiance.

This is written in the section with Paypal settings to activate or deactivate the phone.

I'll try to contact them as you suggested.

Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Pierrick.

9 months 3 weeks ago #352053

Hi,

It says that these settings will only work if your webite is a partner of PayPal. So if the phone number setting is under this section, and supposing you're not a partner of PayPal, it would make sense these settings do not do anything for you.
Of course, PayPal support will be able to better answer you on this.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds