Hikashop Paypal Checkout payment plugin stopped working after update to joomla 4

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357188

-- url of the page with the problem -- : kiteoutlet.eu
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

A few weeks ago I installed the new Hikashop Paypal Checkout payment plugin and it was working fine. However, I have just (finally) updated to Joomla 4 and it stopped working.

When I place an order, I can go through all the steps of the checkout process, and I end up at the screen where I can select my payment method through Paypal. (See attached screenshot.) When I do however, a Paypal logo flashes across the screen briefly, but nothing else happens. I never get redirected to the Paypal page as I did previously.

In the payment plugin settings I can see that it is still succesfully connected to the paypal account.
I already found some posts on this forum describing similar issues ( www.hikashop.com/forum/payment-methods/9...checkout.html#356942 ) that were fixed by adjusting a setting in the "Cross-Origin-Opener-Policy" option to "same-origin-allow-popups". I did this and cleared my cache, but the issue is still there.
I also checked my views and there are no overrides for the new Joomla 4 templates. I have tried with both the default Cassiopea and a custom template and both give the same results.
With error reporting set to maximum and debugging set tor true I get no error messages that can help me any further.

Can you please help me fix this issue, so that customers can pay with Paypal again?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13092
5 months 1 week ago #357203

Hi,

I wanted to check on the situation on your website but it requires to be logged in to access your website:
i.imgur.com/ACqguR3.png
Could you provide a user access so that we can check on the situation ?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357209

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your quick reply. I have done some more testing and I think I may have figured out what is causing this issue. Is there perhaps a minimum amount for an order before it can be accepted by PayPal?

I was testing the checkout process with a very cheap test item and adding 100% discount on shipping using a coupon code. (I have set a 4% markup on the paypal payment method and this was equating to 0 cents for my test order.) When I try to place a test order like this I get the issue of not being able to proceed to paypal. However when I place a more expensive item in my cart and go through the checkout process, I do get to log in to paypal at checkout.

If you still want to check it out by logging in, I have sent you the login details in a private message.

• Thank you received: 13092
5 months 1 week ago #357210

Hi,

There is indeed a minimum amount restriction on PayPal's end.
So it might indeed be linked to this;
If it works with normal prices, then it's likely this issue you have.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds