Authorize.net and an intermittent Accept.js message

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357231

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.5
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Please include Accept.js library from cdn.

We've been using the Authorize JS Payment Plugin for around a year now. Occasionally, a Shop's user reports seeing a popup message reading "Please include Accept.js library from cdn." Over the recent Black Friday and Cyber Monday rush, our customer reported a marked increase in this error's appearance, though the majority of their normal season increase in orders seem to be processing without incident.

Given that it only occurs during checkout, and makes mention of a CDN, I believe it happens whenever one of Authorize.net's supporting Javascript files fails to load correctly, but I haven't located any errors in our logs. Given the massive traffic increase Authorize.net sees over the Black Friday event, I suspect it's just their CDN stumbling - but I could also see that this might be a conflict if a browser's security systems suspect that this support file isn't coming directly from the source domain which was requested.

Are you more familiar with this error than I am? If so and I'm guessing wrong, do you happen to have any hints or suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
5 months 1 week ago #357234

Hello,

That message is coming from the "Accept.js" file from Authorize.

The plugin includes the a file giving a specific URL :

https://js.authorize.net/v1/Accept.js
You can take a look at that JavaScript file which define a "cdnPath" and try to includes another JavaScript files into the webpage : "AcceptCore.js"
Since the "Accept.js" includes some kind of hashes ; that file should not be process by any cache/optimization plugin.
We can find a lot of "page speed / optimization / minify" plugins for Joomla which can download external files and merge them into a bigger cache JavaScript file.
And if it's the case, if the file is update on authorize.net servers, the hash check will fail and you can have such kind of message coming from "AcceptCore.js".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 months 1 week ago #357265

Thanks! I read a similar description posted years ago, so it's be able nice to confirm it with more recent info.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds