Checkout as Guest + seperate category/detail page

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8337

Hi, looks like a great new cart. Congratulations.

I am looking around for a simple shopping solution and just have a couple of questions. I tried the demo and looked around, but on the product editing page there was only one editor (and no readmore button available). So how is it possible (or is it even possible) for to create separate text for the category and detail pages? How about images (uploaded on the right side, not in the editor)?

Also, I like the one page checkout in the demo. But is it possible to have checkout as a guest with no need to register or even ask for a user name? Is it possible to select which the checkout fields display (ie. no phone number, etc.)

Lastly (and thanks for your patience!) I can't tell in the demo.... when using Paypal... does the info that the person fills in carry over to the Paypal page without the need to retype?

Thanks a bunch. We need a very simple solution for the end user. This customer has lost a lot of business due to a more complicated multi-page checkout already.

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by unleash.it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #8350

Hi,

1/ The read more button can be activated in the config, in the main tab. If you put one read more in your description and that you use the layout type "image and description" in the hikashop options of your menu/module, you will see the text before the read more on the listing.

2/ Images can be added in the description if you want. But only images which are added to the images zone will be used for the listing and redimensionned automatically based on your settings in the files tab of the configuration.

3/ By default, your users will have to register when checking out. In our commercial versions, you will find a "regsitration" option in the config under the tab checkout which will allow you to not ask for username/password and choose whether to automatically create an account or to not create a user account. The address fields can be customized via the menu Display->Custom fields. Additional fields types are available in commercial versions: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-field-listing.html

4/ Yes, the address of the user is carried over.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8424

Thanks for your answers. It's good to know these things are possible, but for this site I just need a very simple checkout and unfortunately there's no budget for a paid extension. My plan is now to just build one myself with a CCK extension... but I will keep an eye on Hika though for other projects.

Out of curiosity, I couldn't find what the license is for the paid versions. Is it GPL or commercial? For use on one domain or many? Encrypted? Thanks again.

• Thank you received: 13068
13 years 2 months ago #8426

It's a commercial license, not encrypted, for one website (aliases and test websites included): www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ikashop-license.html

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds