Paypal fees,Text fields,Price alteration&Archives

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28189

Hi,

Just a couple of quick questions... I've had a poke around google/these forums/joomla forums and havn't really been able to get definitive answers...

a) I read a topic mentioning that paypal fees will be added soon, but that topic was several months old... I just thought I'd ask about the status of this rather useful feature, and if there is an estimate on when it will be avaliable

b) With the product variants, at the moment there are only drop down options, do any of the Hikashop editions, or any features or whatever give the ability to let the user specify a string as an option... to give a practical example...
On the site I am setting up, we want to sell shirts, and give users an option to specify a name to be printed onto the shirt... is there anything in Hikashop or any hack-n-slash methods I can do to enable this to happen?

c) This also links in with the previous two questions... Is there a way to change the price of the product based on the users selection... eg...
The shirts that my site will be selling, if the user specifies a name to be printed on the shirt, there should be an additional cost applied.
I was thinking I could just have another product (product: shirt [no name], product: shirt [name]) but is there an existing way to do this?

d) Is there a way to archive older orders?

If you want any more information, just let me know and I will try and provide it.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
12 years 6 months ago #28208

Hi,

a/ Do you mean that you would like to add a fee to the order based on the payment method selected by the user ? That's indeed not possible for the moment and we didn't work on that feature so far.

b/ You can create custom fields of the table "item" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition to do that.

c/ If you want to change the price of the product based on whether the user has entered some text or not in a custom item field, you will have to create a quantity calculation override plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...w-feature.html#24390

d/ No. You can delete them if you want or just leave them there.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #28274

a) yea, some way to add extra charges based on payment... would there be any chance this could be implemented? It would be a useful feature due to paypals fees on certain people/transactions

b) ok thanks
c) will look into that
d) ok

• Thank you received: 13078
12 years 6 months ago #28275

It could be implemented. The only problem we've had so far is the time. Days have only 24h and we have to prioritize features that we develop for HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 6 months ago #28446

c) you can use characteristics

c) buy the business edition and use options, that is exactly what you want.

Daniel.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds