Terms & Conditions

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #41121

Hi

Very new to this software so bear with me.

If I wanted to have a link at the bottom of every product that showed the text of the terms and conditions. or had a link to a pdf that contained the terms and condition, how could I do that.

I have the shop setup as a catlogue only, so there is no purchase through the shop.

Also, if I wanted to set a feild up that would show condition of items ie New, Second Hand (As New), Second Hand (Good Condition) for each product, and then place this next to the price on the product listing, how would this be done.

Thanks for any help.

Laurie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41259

Please can anyone help me with this question.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 2 months ago #41260

Hi,

You could easily add it as a link at the end of the description of each one of your products.
But if you want to have it automatically for all you them, you can edit the file "show" of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and add the HTML code of your link at the end of the file.

For your field, you should create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display->Custom fields (commercial editions only). Make sure that its "front end" option is turned on.

12 years 2 months ago #41263

Hi Nicolas

Thanks for your reply.

How would I get the field to display next to the price on each product page.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 2 months ago #41268

You would have to edit the different view files of the view "product" via the menu Display->Views and move the code around.
But the easiest would be to just not display the field on the front end and display it yourself in the file "show_default" of the view "product".That can be done quite easily with one line of code:
<?php echo $this->element->CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME; ?>

where CUSTOM_FIELD_COLUMN_NAME needs to be replaced by the column name of the custom field
just before the line:
<span id="hikashop_product_code_main" class="hikashop_product_code_main">

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds