Cant remove RSS.feed

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #43403

Hi,

I have some problem with Google. and I do not know if it is Joomla or Hikashop causing it.
I am pretty new to this... Anyway, Google is indexing my categories, not only one time, but three times - as type-rss.feed and type-atom.feed. and I don't want that since it counts as duplicates according to Google. How do I remove the feeds? Any ideas?
I tried to unpublish the modules "Syndicate Feeds" and "Feed Display" but I am not sure if they have anything to do with it...
The .feed still shows up att google..

Best regards,
Fredelius

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Fredelius.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 2 months ago #43564

You can turn off the Atom & RSS feeds of HikaShop in the Display tab of the configuration of HikaShop. That should avoid the indexing.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #43616

I have changed to no feeds, but the feed-pages still exist when I write site: in Google. I did this some days ago.
I'm aware that it takes some time before the pages disappear from Google, but shouldn't the pages stop to exist on my domain, after I've changed to no feeds?

• Thank you received: 13102
12 years 2 months ago #43617

No. You need to remove it explicitly:
support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer...hl=en&answer=1663419
Because once the page has been added in Google, even if there are no links to it anymore, your website will still display something.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds