Custom Export

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55329

I have need of a custom export defined herein.

Ideally, the export would be launched from a button in the Joomla Admin backend, and placed next to the button that launches the Invoice.

My export needs to include only a few fields from the jos_hikashop_order_product table, namely the order_product_code and order_product_name fields. But, it would be nice to be able to configure which fields from the order are needed for the custom export. This custom export is basically the product list portion from the Shipping Invoice that is already available from within the order.

The selection for the export is the particular order record that the user is in.

The export should contain a row for each product in the order.

The export will be used by a spreadsheet program in order to merge to labels so that we have a label for each product in the order.

Is this export/feature something that you could add to the product? Or a custom piece of work that you could give me a quote on?

Thank you,
Marcy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
11 years 10 months ago #55365

Hi,

This is something which can be implemented in custom development.
About the button in the toolbar, it would be difficult to add it in a specific position but it would be inserted at the end (after the "help" button).

Can you give me more information about the field that you want to export ?
Maybe an example of an expected file ?

You can mail me : jerome at hikashop.com

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

11 years 10 months ago #55377

Thanks for your quick response. Placement a button isn't really that critical, only that a button be available to launch the export from within the order.

The fields we need are the product code and the product description for each item in the order.

Thx again!

11 years 10 months ago #55378

Just a plain csv file with the two fields. We'll be using it to merge with a ms word template. I'll try to send a file layout in a bit

11 years 5 months ago #82277

Hello how are you?

In the "Order" CSV export it's clearly obvious the information in not understandable. I only need 2 columns "Name and Email". How can this be configured? I attached a file showing what our export looks like.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 5 months ago #82502

Hi,

You can open that CSV with Excel and simply delete all the columns except the "name" and "email" columns and you will have what you want.

There is no option to select the columns for the export. That would require a code customization of the file "export" of the view "order" for your backend template via the menu Display->Views by a developer.

11 years 5 months ago #82520

• The columns are not deleting
  • The same information is repeated in all
  • The Export does not include the persons first and last name

You can verify this in the attached document. Basically the export document does not make any sense.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Rollmodl.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 5 months ago #82681

I'm sorry but all your points are wrong, as far as I can see.
Deleting the columns is something handled by Excel. There is no way for the CSV file to block that.
I see the correct information in the correct columns in your CSV via Excel.
The export also include the first and last name of the persons.

Here is a screenshot:

Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #82682

I guess I'm doing it wrong. I'll check it out.

• Thank you received: 25
11 years 5 months ago #82695

"The columns are not deleting" - make sure you save the file before editing. If it is not saved it wil be read only.

I just opened the file and all looks good. Try using "Open Office Calc" program. It is much better for working with csv files. And when you open it, select the correct seperator (: or ,) and correct delimiter ( " )

Open Office : www.openoffice.org/

Don't look at what is and ask 'why?'; look at what isn't and ask 'Why Not!'

11 years 5 months ago #82697

sambob wrote: "The columns are not deleting" - make sure you save the file before editing. If it is not saved it wil be read only.

I just opened the file and all looks good. Try using "Open Office Calc" program. It is much better for working with csv files. And when you open it, select the correct seperator (: or ,) and correct delimiter ( " )

Open Office : www.openoffice.org/

Thanks for the advice. This is the information I am looking for. I'll let you know how it goes.

11 years 5 months ago #82702

It was the first trick I learned...

I now use OpenOffice for import and export, but use excel for data manipulation/generation, including auto generation for meta descriptions & titles.

Once you get the hang of csv import/export, the whole world of Hika opens up. ;)

11 years 5 months ago #82704

I guess my point is that a user should not have to go through that. The CSV presentation should be very simple for everyone to read or configure the columns. I guess Hikashop is leaving that part of the work to us. It just seems incomplete for such a good product.

11 years 5 months ago #82705

It kinda the same for any cvs import/export content (Hika, virtu, Joomla, even myphpadmin)

Eveyone is at different levels and that is where forums come in... we learn and then pass it onto others.

For me a good product comes down to not only the functionality of the product but how easy it is to get assistance. Hikashop does both pretty well.

11 years 5 months ago #82706

True, functionality is important. I guess that the CSV files from other components are laid out in a readable format.

11 years 5 months ago #82711

Yep, that is the beauty of CSV.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 9 months ago #167578

Hello,

I have your bussinesoption and everything is working fine. However our company wants to use a different sending method. For this we need a csv. file send with each invoice. Or another option would be to get another e-mail with the orders in a cvs. file after the order is confirmed.

I would prefure the last option. Now i know you can download a cvs.file in the backend yourself. However we want this to go automatic after each order, and that this will be e-mailed to us. Is this possible? What do we need to do for this?

9 years 9 months ago #167595

Hi,

I'm not an expert with the mass action but for the most I know, it should be possible using that feature.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html

using the trigger event on the order status : you should be able to generate a CSV file.
The problem is that the mass action will generate the file but it won't send the email.
But I know that Xavier is working on some improvements for the mass action in order to add a "email" action. I can't tell you more about it for the moment (because I don't know ; I'm not in this development).

The other solution will be to use a custom plugin in order to develop what you exactly want to do (export what you want to export and send it to the emails you want).
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 9 months ago #167667

Hello Jerome, Thanks for your anwser, I took a look at the massaction and i read this:

Actions

Export a CSV file : You can export the elements in a CSV or XLS file. Besides, you can define or not a path for this file. When a path is set, the file will automatically be saved in the specified folder. If you let the path empty, it will display the browser download bos to let you select an action, display, or save.

So imagine i make a massaction for exporting a CVS file for each product that is orderd that day. Is it possible to send this file by adding a special code in the path?

9 years 9 months ago #167677

Hi,

Like I said in my previous message, the mass action system can't send an email.

The problem is that the mass action will generate the file but it won't send the email.

So the answer is still : no, it is not possible.
But you can read the rest of my message which explain the other solutions.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds