buyer can't access downloads

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #59550

Hi,

I have made a number of test purchases of downloadable products from my Hikashop site, but when i click the link, which gives access to the product from the confirmation email, i get a blank page - this is in firefox. On windows explorer i get a blank page with the error message "whoop!s the page cannot be found..." Ive tried so many times, and i get the same result.

The site is www.purposedrivenmotivation.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #59609

Hi, i don't get it. When i post for help, my problem is ignored, but i see replies for people who have posted after mine. Is it the way i write? This happened the last time as well.

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 9 months ago #59658

Hi,

We reply as fast as we can so thanks for bearing with us.
Also, make sure that you don't "up" your message, otherwise, it goes back at the top of the queue and you have to wait longer.

Could you give the link that is in the email ?

Also, if you put the files as available for free, are you able to download them on the product page ?
Can you check that the files are in the folder media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder ?
And finally, could you do a screenshot of what you enter in the form when adding the file ?

All that would help us understand what is going on.

11 years 9 months ago #59729

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my impatience. I didn't realize that the posts above mine were posts that were submitted before mine, and were being replied by you.

No. I have not being able to download Free products either. I get a "file not found" message when i follow the link to the download page of the Free product. The link is: www.purposedrivenmotivation.com/index.ph...der_id=18&Itemid=157

The products that are giving me problems are large MP3 files. Because i could'nt upload them with Hikashop's file uploader, following some of your forum solutions, i instead uploaded (through the Hikashop file uploader) a very small zip file. Then i ftped the real MP3 file with the exact same name as the small file that i uploaded through the Hikashop file uploader.

The problem was that when i use the Hikashop file uploader it adds a bunch of numbers at the end of the file name, to make it look like this the_six_wise_hats_system_267470103.zip instead of this the_six_wise_hats_system.zip.

So, after i tried one download, and it didn't work, i then added those numbers to the MP3 file in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder to make it have EXACTLY the same name as the small file. This didn't work either.

Yes, actual mp3 files are in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder when i use ftp. Also, the small zip file that i upload through the Hikashop uploader are also there.

However, there have been times when i used the Hikashop uploader to upload the small zip file, saved it, only find that it didn't show up in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder.

The problem just keeps changing for me. i also bought a product again but this time i didn't receive the email. I count how many times i've bought test products now.

11 years 9 months ago #59742

I've attached the image of the uploader for a product that should be able to be downloaded for free.

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #59743

You don't need that method to upload big files anymore.
Directly upload the files in the media/com_hikashop/upload/safe folder and when you add the file, instead of selecting "Upload file" use "specify file location" and copy/paste the name of your file.

From what you're saying I think that the problem is that you didn't upload the file with the correct name for your product. That method should avoid the problems you had.

11 years 9 months ago #59748

It's Still not working unfortunately. I did everything you said in your last reply but now i just get a blank page.
The link is: www.purposedrivenmotivation.com/index.ph...der_id=22&Itemid=157

11 years 9 months ago #59801

Could you do a screenshot of your file edition popup on your product edition page and of the folder where you have the file media/com_hikashop/upload/safe ? Just to make sure that you did it properly.

If that's the case, then it means that there is an issue with the file size/restrictions on your web server.
Normally, there should be an error message either displayed or logged by your hosting which would tell from where it's coming from. I'd bet that it's either a memory or a timeout limitation on web server put in place by your hosting company and in that case you will have to ask them to increase the restrictions.
Otherwise, an alternative would be to not put the file in the safe folder but in another folder of your website and enter the full URL of the file in the product edition page. The downside is that with that link, anyone would be able to download your file where with the way it's done when the files are in the safe folder, it's only possible to download the file from the link if the user is logged in with a user account which has a confirmed order with the product in it.

11 years 9 months ago #59815

Hi, i'm not entirely sure which page it is that you call the product edition page or what the edition pop up is.

But as to file restrictions. I spoke to my host today and they say that there's an upload limit of 24mb which can be set in the php.ini file.

I asked them what would happen if i set it to higher than that, and they said the 24mb limit would still apply.

So i dont know how all this affects things. I'm guessing that,worst comes to worst, i might have to transfer the site to another host, the thought of which already gives me a headache.

11 years 9 months ago #59869

The product edition page is the page where you can edit the product:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...op-product-form.html
The file edition popup is displayed when you edit a file on the product edition page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...duct-form.html#files

That error is not about the upload limit but about the memory limit or max execution timeout settings of your web server.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds