Is there a decent tutorial or manual for this prod

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 8 months ago #60453

I don't know how anyone gets this product to work. I have spent dozens of hours trying to get just 2 products with 5 variations each to work with zero result. It's like the developers have deliberately set out to be obtuse with their work flow. Nothing is intuitive or logical IMO.

I have product A and B, with 5 different lengths, each length having a different price. To me, setting that up should be easy. I'm not IT idiot, but Hikashop has me completely baffled.

Is there a simple tutorial that explains how this shop works? Unfortunately it's one of the few Joomla shops that works with PP Pro so I'm sort of stuck with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 8 months ago #60455

Hi,

Here is a simple step by step tutorial which explains how to create a product, setup your payment plugin, a menu to the product and do your first order: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...first-test-sale.html
Then, if you want a product with a characteristic, it's quite easy to. Just follow the instructions here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics

11 years 8 months ago #60458

I have managed to set up both products with description and image. However, I'm still lost as to how to add the 5 different lengths and their different pricing. I'm sorry, but the second link you gave I've already seen and it is just more confusing.

11 years 8 months ago #60459

Well, there is not much to do really...
Go in the menu Products->Characteristics, create a characteristic "length", add the 5 values in it. Then, in your product edition page, add the characteristic, click on the "manage variants" button, edit each variant and enter its price.
That's it.

11 years 8 months ago #60464

Ahhh - now it starting to make sense. Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work.

There may be more questions, though I think this has got me further ahead than ever previously.

11 years 8 months ago #60469

Is there any way for a user to be asked to upload a file during the ordering or checkout process? My client prints large format prints off users' photos. Obviously, they're paying for them through HS and it would be nice if I could ask for the file during the process. I did see something about file upload, but couldn't determine whether that's what I wanted or how to make it work. Thanks.

11 years 8 months ago #60470

You can create custom fields of the table "item" (if you want them on the product page) or of the table "order" if you want them on the checkout and of the type "file" via the menu Display->Custom fields in the Business edition.

11 years 8 months ago #60578

Thanks Nicholas. Client doesn't want to pay for the upgrade - will just do as a standard form on return from payment acceptance.

If you look at www.ckdev.info/wallswag , under the "Our products" module (the standard HS product module), you'll see the product image and description are on a white background. Checking on Firebug it shows this code

#hikashop_category_information_module_109 div.hikashop_subcontainer {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;

contained in www.ckdev.info/wallswag/products/checkout - but there's no folders there, and there's no CSS file specified. I just want to remove code, or replace the white color with something else (the text there is lighter and doesn't show up). Where is this??? ;)

Thanks for the rest of your help - it's been great - sorry I never asked earlier and saved myself aggravation.... :ohmy:

11 years 8 months ago #60587

The background color can be configured in the hikashop options of your module. That's why it's set in hard in the CSS of the page since it is dynamic based on that option.
You can easily change it in the options of the module with the id 109 that you can edit via the menu Display->Content modules.

11 years 8 months ago #60588

DOH! What a dipstick!! LOL! Should have seen that...... some people..... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you again!

11 years 8 months ago #60590

Just an observation I noticed just now. If you open the module under the Joomla module manager, then use the hyperlink to the HS module options, then save out of there, the Joomla module manager displays the module as locked. Not a big deal probably, but it's not realizing the module is being saved out correctly.

11 years 8 months ago #60683

Yes, we'll look for a way to avoid that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: trogladyte

11 years 8 months ago #60911

Not a biggie, but something to look at when you have a spare moment! :-)

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds