After upgrading, category thumbnails too large

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #63880

hello
I just upgraded to joomla 2.5.6, and hika 1.6.0 - since doing this, my category listing images ( inkdroparthaus.com/index.php/purchase-ar...tegory/34-fred-neveu ) show up incorrectly, but when I go to a product listing, the thumbnails in the similar items listing is how it should be. I have tried changing the size of the thumbnails and product images (which is what it looks like the category listing uses for thumbnails) the only thing that changes is the size of the product image on the product page (making it too small).

please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 7 months ago #63997

Hi,

This was a bug of the last version. Try to upload the new version and everything should works fine.

11 years 7 months ago #64001

eliot,
thank for the response. what is the new version? I just downloaded and installed again and after clearing the cache and purging the expired cache, I still get the same behavior on the category page. inkdroparthaus.com/index.php/purchase-ar...tegory/34-fred-neveu

but that's the only part of the site that's affected (category) all the other things work well.

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64002

1.6 is the last version.
However, if you have edited your view, these views may have been saved and not replaced by the new views correcting the problem.

11 years 7 months ago #64003

eliot,
so if I extract the zip file locally, navigate to the view pages, and manually upload them, this should help fix the problem... and then I can go back in and make any adjustments I may need to for it to reflect the layout we currently have, correct?

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64005

Or you can simply do to display>views and look at the "product" listing views you edited. If you want to keep the modifications, try to compare your customized files with the files of the original template.
If you don't care, just click on the trash icon to delete your customizations and use the new view.
This should solve the problem.

11 years 7 months ago #64019

eliot
I just removed all customization (2 files) and when that didn't make the change, I reinstalled hikashop, but I still can't get those category images to follow the dimensions that the rest of the site is following. I really appreciate your help with this.

inkdroparthaus.com/index.php/purchase-ar...egory/33-bonnie-loeh

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64022

Did you specify a width in the Hikashop configuration? Because I can see in your css a width of 300px which is the source of the problem. Maybe not specifying a width will solve the problem.

11 years 7 months ago #64042

eliot
I just removed all image width and height from the images parameters in the control panel. but it still seems to be doing the same thing.

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64044

Removing both height and width is not a good solution. What are the parametres you were using?
Since it didn't changed anything, the specified width may come from the menu or the module used to display your product. Try to find it and set the width to 0 or something which fits(150 of ex.).

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Eliot.

11 years 7 months ago #64047

eliot
in the image parameters I was using 150px x 150px for thumbnails, 300px x 300px for product image, and 600px x 600px for image.
I found in the menu items 'browse-by-artist' which had the image size set to 150px x 150px
nothing in any of the modules has an image width or height specified.

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64078

eliot
I tried adding just a width or height to the image settings in the configuration tabs, but still can't get the category images to view properly. any other ideas on what I can do?

thanks
robb

11 years 7 months ago #64099

I can't figure out where does this come from.
Could you please PM me an access to your backend so I can check directly on your website?

11 years 7 months ago #64159

eliot
thanks for the help. I just sent you the login information.

robb

11 years 7 months ago #64164

Just like I thought, one your parameters in your module was 300px.
it was the module 156. I put a width of 150px and everything is alright now :).

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds