category thumbnail not displayed

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #67858

Hello, First of all I really do appreciate your very hard work to help us all get the details on this great plugin. I have added a new category (Also upgraded the plugin) and I can't figure out why the thumbnail is not getting generated, the missing thumbnail is on atv-utv-accessories.com/brands/atv-utv/23-xuv

The thumbnail next to it is found at atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...x799/1_630201924.jpg

But the new category is generating a thumbnail url in a different folder different url, atv-utv-accessories.com/media/com_hikash...full-windshield1.jpg and there is no thumbnail in that folder, I do have thumbnails turned on in Files/Images. The Product thumbnails came in just fine as you can see if you click through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #67940

Hi,

If you look via FTP to the folder of the thumbnail, do you see it ?
Did it happened since you updated ? If so, could you try to download again the install package on our website and install it again ?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68107

I downloaded and updated again, it did not change the thumbnail, the path is there, but the images is not in that thumbnail folder, perhaps some settings got changed with the update about creating thumbnails. The thumbnails in the images next to it are in a different folder when I created the category I uploaded the image in the category section. I even changed (shortened the name and reuploaded, no change). So I just created a thumbnail manually and uploaded it for now.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #68342

It's probably a problem of access rights on the folders which doesn't allow HikaShop to save the thumbnail in the new path (we changed the system for the last release).

I would recommend to change the rights of the folder media/com_hikashop/upload and its subfolders to 777 via FTP.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds