Geolocation Plugin Questions

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #68386

Hi,

I intend to use the geolocation plugin. It is already enabled and key is setup. I have products with two prices. € and danish crown. Now I want the plugin to switch the currency based on my location. I enabled this feature in the geolocation plugin settings. My ip is located in germany. So for testing purposes I changed the currency of germany country zone from euro to danish crown. However, the prices do not change at all.
As far as I understand things, it should now display danish crown as I switched the currency for germany to dkk?

Am I missing something? Or is it probably a cache issue?

Thanks for help!
Marcus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #68682

Hi,

That's indeed a cache issue.
The geolocation service has a limit of calls per day that you should not go over. If we were doing it on each pages, you would go over it quite rapidly once you would have some traffic on your website. And you would have to take a premium account on the geolocation system.
We do the geolocation only on the first page displayed to the user and then store the information in the PHP user session. That way, you won't hit the limit unless you have a really popular website.

But in order to see the change you made to your configuration, you will have to reset your PHP user session. The simplest is to try with another browser and potentially clear the cookies in that browser for your website. You can also use anonymous proxies to simulate you being in another country:
For example: proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml

11 years 6 months ago #68709

Nope, I tried it from various pcs and even in germany and on a system located in denmark but no success. Prices are always in Euro. Even in denmark. My products have two prices, euro and danish crown. But the shop only uses the main currency. If I switch the main currency to danish crown, it is also the displayed currency in germany.

What am I doing wrong here?

11 years 6 months ago #68843

Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ?

11 years 6 months ago #68846

Sure, it is www.raceled.com
Default currency is set to Danish crown.

Here is a direct link to a product: www.raceled.com/en/shop/category/12-race-led

In case you want to have backend access, write me a pm.

thanks,
marcus

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by TerianSilva.

11 years 6 months ago #68957

It must be a setup problem on your end. I trying with various proxies and the currency is always the same.

I won't be able to say much more without looking at the settings. So either provide a backend access or provide screenshots of your settings.

11 years 6 months ago #69195

Hi Nicolas,

I sent you a private message regarding backend access.

Regards,
Marcus

11 years 6 months ago #69363

Hi,

The geolocation plugin was not published. I published it and then tested the currency initialization based on geolocation and it worked fine for me on your website.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds