Some help with setting up HikaShop, please

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68748

Hello

I need some general help in setting up HikaShop.

I created a CONTENT MENU and selected a category (called "products", containing sub-categories) to display. HikaShop created a CONTENT MODULE for me to display the individual products in. I created a number of products and assigned them to different sub-categories under "products". I have a menu item, called "shop" published in my nav bar and it opens to the category "products" and displays the names of the sub-categories there, so everything is working fine as far as I can tell. Clicking on the sub-categories leads to the product lists, and the products are all correctly displayed when clicked on, so I'm happy. That is how it's supposed to work, right? I am however having some difficulty styling the individual pages:

1. I do not want to have the category name "products" as a heading on my "shop" page, but I DO want the sub-category titles to appear on their relevant pages, as I see is possible with the individual product pages.

2. I would like to increase the size of the product image and the thumbnails, and have the thumbnails open in a shadowbox rather than on a new page. Or just not have them open a link at all. I have found the line of CSS to adjust the size of the thumbnails, but not of the main image...

3. Where can I add breadcrumbs? At the moment, I need to click on the main menu item "shop" to navigate back to the category "products" - I know there is a better way.

4. When I have two or more items in my cart, the "remove item" buttons become tiny. When I remove one item, the button returns to normal size.

5. I wish to add a "coupon code" on checkout, that entitles the shopper to add a specific product for free, from "custom options". No idea how to do that. I can add a discount, but not an option.

That's it for now! :) I look forward to hearing from you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13074
11 years 6 months ago #68892

Hi,

0. That's indeed how it's supposed to work. Note that there are already pre created menus in the "hikashop default menus" menu of the joomla menu manager. So you could have simply moved to to another menu and it would have worked automatically.

1. Then why not change the name of that "products" category to something else ? For example, if you don't want to see it, you could enter " "

2. The images size can be adjusted in the tab "Files/Images" of the configuration. They will open automatically in a popup, not in a new page. When that happens, it means that you have a javascript error on your page preventing the system to work properly. In most cases, installing an publishing the "jquery easy" plugin will solve the issue so you should try that.

3. You can publish the joomla breadcrumb module via the module manager for that.

4. I never saw that anywhere else. Can you give a link to your shop so that we can see that ? It might be related to your template or another element of your website.

5. I'm not sure I understand what you want. There is already a coupon code field where your users can enter a coupon code.
You can create discounts of the type "coupon" via the menu orders->discount for that.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #69651

Hi again

I am still having the issue with the "remove item" buttons in my cart. When I have two or more items added, the "remove item" buttons become tiny, or disappear completely. When I remove one item, the button returns to normal size. Here is a link: chrisclemes.co.uk/shop

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 13074
11 years 6 months ago #69883

Hi,

That's because there is no enough width on your left column to display all the cart information, so the delete button gets pushed out of the frame and you don't see it anymore.

There is no easy solution here.
Either you configure the cart module to take less space (you can do that by removing some columns or activating the "mini cart" mode of the module) or you increase the space of the left column of your template or you put your cart module on a position of your template with more space.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds