Simple URL to category listing

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 6 months ago #69855

Can anyone help me create a url to a HikaShop category listing (ie all the products in one category). I can do this via a menu fine, but in one page I need to proved a URL instead.. obviously something like:

<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing">Clothing</a>

rather than
<a href="/myshop/productname">Clothing</a>

Many thanks

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #69859

Hi Steve,

You should maybe :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Main"
- Use "Simplified breadcrumbs" and "Activate smaller url" options

Hope this will help you.

11 years 6 months ago #69861

Hi Mohamed,

Yes, these are enabled. I have no problem with the URL's which are SEF etc

My question is actually probably simpler than you think.

I want to add a URL in an article that will get me all the products in a category in HikaShop. I could of course just put

<a href="/shop/category-name">Category name</a>
but if I change the category name or the menu item that links here then the link will no longer work.

Instead I thought it might be possible to code into the article something like
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&categoryID=32">Category name</a>
which will always result in the link going to that category ID and getting all the products, (the same as my menu item does).

Steve

• Thank you received: 13074
11 years 6 months ago #70031

yes you can use such links:
<a href="index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&cid=32&Itemid=XXX">Category name</a>

where 32 is your category id and XXX is the id of a category listing menu from which HikaShop will use the display options for the listing.

11 years 6 months ago #70241

Thanks for the response.

For anyone else tryining this, it kind of works - in that the link Nicolas suggests will get you to the correct listing, but I was hoping Joomla would also translate it into the menu item path. It doesn't - it gives you something like shop/clothing/category/cid-13

ie you have a menu called 'shop' which has a sub item called 'clothing' and the link that Jooomla creates from that menu item uses the menu item name ie yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing

On another page on the site I wanted to create a link to yourswebsite.com/shop/clothing without hard-coding the /shop/clothing bit (in case the naming changes to say 'mens clothing' in a year or so)

It isn't a big deal, and is probably my basic understanding of Joomla that is at fault.

Steve

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds