Guest Checkout

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #71415

Hi There,

Not sure if Guest Checkout is the correct name, but I would like to be able to have a buyer add products to their cart and THEN register (if they are new users), without losing the contents of the cart.

Cheers,
Susan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #71466

Hi,

It's already the case, when a not registered customer have a cart, and then go to the checkout, he can register and keep her cart.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 6 months ago #73583

Is there any way to set it up so that customers can choose to create an account AFTER they checkout? Like the "Guest Checkout" on Sanrio.com

I'd really really like to see a similar functionality such as OpenShop has, where they can choose to login first or enter their personal info as they checkout if they're new, then create their account After the order has been placed if they wish to - such as on Sanrio.com

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 6 months ago #73701

Hi,

In HikaShop it's possible to have a login form and the registration form during the checkout.
The customers can create their account during the checkout.

You can too set the parameter "Registration" to "No registration" in the HikaShop checkout option. By this way the customer can checkout, and then use the Joomla registration form to create the account, the customer will have to enter the same inforamtions as during the checkout to retrieve their informations.

11 years 6 months ago #73776

Ok, so I can turn off registration, and still have a login as well at checkout? And then they can still choose to sign up for registration after they've checked out and paid?

11 years 6 months ago #73778

ok. So I've tried doing that, keeping login on and turning registration off in the Configuration -> Checkout menu.

However, now login is just turned off, and the registration is simplified (still requiring the user to sign up.)

Is this because I'm using the plugin that overrides Joomla's registration with Hikashop's registration?
Or did I check something somewhere that I shouldn't have?

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 6 months ago #74058

If you don't see the login form on the checkout, it means that the "login" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration is turned off (or that the "login" view has been removed from the "checkout workflow" option of that same screen).

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds