Remove Weight from Detailed Page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #72204

G'Day,

I realize this one is likely easy but darned if I can find it..

On the detailed product page it is displaying WEIGHT.. weight only? (and description at hte bottom how bizarre).

Any way that I can remove weight from this page? I'd also like to add a continue shopping button and I'd like to make that AUD30.00 look like $30(AUD)

THANKS! You guys rock, I have learned so much!

Susan

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 6 months ago #72233

Hi there,

About the weight it's quite easy, just go in System>Configuration>Display and unset the "Weight Display" otpion.
For the currency you can go in System>Currency, find your currency and change the format according to the documentation:

Format : The way you want to display the symbol (basically you will have %i which will display the currency code as symbol, %n which will display the currency's symbol and %ni which will display both). For more information, you can look at www.php.net/manual/en/function.money-format.php

For the continue to shop Button I answered you in the other topic ;)

11 years 6 months ago #72259

Hi Eliot (I hope it's Thursday night for you not Friday),

The only weight reference I see on my Display Page is "Display the Cost per weight" and the radio button is set to NO.

I also have some social networking buttons (tweet/facebook etc) magically appearing at the top of the page?!?

THANKS!

11 years 6 months ago #72260

Hi,

The weight display option is the general option field, if you don't see it maybe you don't have the last Hikashop version so you should update.
About the social network buttons it's plugin you probably activated. You can find it in the joomla's plugin list and disable it :)

11 years 6 months ago #72270

Good One! I had ITPShare installed in Joomla but had it disabled.. but your post made me search again and Hikashop social was published! Shame firebug can't help me find some of these things...

I have the "latest stable version at 1.6.0"?? I attached my screenprint..

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #72276

My bad... It's a new feature which will be include in the last version of Hikashop so it's not yet available...
So you have to go in Display>Views look for the show file of product type and delete these lines:

if(!empty($variant->product_weight) && bccomp($variant->product_weight,0,3)){ ?>
	<div id="hikashop_product_weight_<?php echo $variant_name;?>" style="display:none;">
		<?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_WEIGHT').': '.rtrim(rtrim($variant->product_weight,'0'),',.').' '.JText::_($variant->product_weight_unit); ?><br />
	</div>
	<?php
}

11 years 6 months ago #72299

Thanks,

Ok I removed this from view (product) file (show). I tried it out.. no go. I deleted cache, started a new window.. searched the other show files.. removed my customization and tried it again.. wrong file?

11 years 6 months ago #72449

SOLVED:

I found this bit of code in the show_block_dimensions.php file and axed it:

if(isset($this->element->product_weight) && bccomp($this->element->product_weight,0,3)){ ?>
<span id="hikashop_product_weight_main" class="hikashop_product_weight_main">
<?php echo JText::_('PRODUCT_WEIGHT').': '.rtrim(rtrim($this->element->product_weight,'0'),',.').' '.JText::_($this->element->product_weight_unit); ?><br />
</span>
<?php*/
}

It no longer appears on my detailed page.. thanks for your HELP!

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by SuzyBGood.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds