Pre-Sales Question: Auto-email unique codes

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 months ago #72564

I am interested in your HikaShop component, but have one important need. I need to list downloadable or coupon code-like products that buyers can choose a quantity of. When the transaction is complete, the buyer will be auto-emailed unique codes for each quantity they ordered. I don't want to list 1000's of individual products and then require the buyer to add to cart, add to cart, add to cart, add to cart, etc. Thanks, Eric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 6 months ago #72566

Hi,

Thanks to HikaShop + HikaSerial you can have such feature.
HikaSerial is a component which allows you to generate unique codes when customer bought HikaShop products.
You can read more about it here : www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/107-hikaserial-welcome.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 6 months ago #72568

Thank you for the extremely quick response with link to a great example. It looks like the two components, together, will work for me.

Just to confirm:

1. I can list 3 products... $25, $50 and $100 electronic gift cards.
2. I can add 1000's of electronic gift card numbers (serials) to each electronic gift card (pack)
3. My frontend store would only list the 3 electronic gift cards, but buyers could choose a quantity.
4. Upon completing the transaction, the buyer would receive an e-mail with as many unique electronic gift card numbers (serials) as he bought.

Can these serials be imported via an .XLS file, etc.? If I import a batch without them overwriting the existing serials in a pack?

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 6 months ago #72571

Hi,

Yes, you would have three different packs assigned to your three HikaShop products.
Each time a product would be bought, a serial would be taken from the serials list (or could be generated dynamically by a plugin).
If the customer have 10 time the same article in his order, 10 different serials would be assigned to the order.

HikaShop have an import system which use CSV format.
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...kaserial&ctrl=import
The import system is based on the HikaShop import system, you can specify database columns that you want to fill.
If you specify the "serial_id", you would overwrite the existing serial, but if you don't specify this column (or leave the field empty), a new serial would be inserted.
You can specify the "pack_id" (or "pack_name") in you CSV file or you can select the destination pack in thanks to the drop down.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: d2dpcs

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds