File download (e-book)

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #73615

Hi again!

I offer an e-book for download in different formats. Until now, I only tried pdf. But the pdf I get after the order process, which works fine, is disrupted. I opende the same pdf which I have uploaded in products/manage variants at my desktop and it opens just fine. But when I download this pdf after purchasing at hikashop it does not open and the error message says that the file is disrupted. I tried with a second pdf but it didn't work either. The other formats I haven't even tried yet.

What could be the problem?

Thank you very much!

Chantal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #73690

Hi Chantal,

Can you see if your downloaded file have the same weight as the file that you uploaded in your server ?

11 years 6 months ago #73807

Hi Mohamed,

WEll, this ist complicated. The Moment after downloading the file is a little big smaller, but when I save it on my computer, it has the same size again as the file which I uploaded to hikashop. I noticed, that the pdf is protected. I talked to the publisher and heared that I was not allowed to sell the E-Book, only the Book. So I guess thats why the file caused problems and the other files wont work either. So I have to change my website. What I would like to do, is to have hikashop showing the two products, but the E-Book should not be allowed to be added to the shopping cart. So I had to put the amount to 0, which will display the message "no stock". I changed that message in the translation file into something like "Please purchase the E-Book in different formats at www.tredition.de/?books/ID20970/Stillen-neu-entdeckt Is it possible to change the web-adress into an active link or to link a word like "here" to the webadress?
Probably not in the language-file, right?

Its dangerous changing the function of "no stock" that way, I know, but I can do that, because I have only two products in my shop and will probalby not run out of material. Or is there another solution to my problem? See also the attached file!

A even more urgent problem is the problem wiht the "pay now" button at the end at the checkout process having chosen paypal. When someone klicks on that button, paypal-site never opens!! So my paypal only works, if no one touches that button, but people do klick on it! They do not wait until the site opens automatically, because the text is so decent and the button is so prominent. There I need a fast solutiol, too!

Thanks a lot

Chantal

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #73932

Hi again chantal,

1. You'll just have to use an HTML TAG :

<a href="www.tredition.de/?books/ID20970/Stillen-neu-entdeckt">here</a>

2. I think that it should be coming from a javascript error.

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 6 months ago #73952

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for the code for the link, works perfet. I should have known it, sorry.

1. But what abaout my pay now button? Java script error is no help. I haven't changend any Java script. Can I at least get rid of that button so people wont klick on it?
2. When people register they get an email with the confirmation. This e-mail shows their user name and their password. Some users don't like it at all, when there password is sent arournd per email, because this is not secure. So how can I desable the opiton, that the password the user has chosen will not be seen in the confirmation email after registration?

Thank you, Chantal

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 6 months ago #74066

Hi,

1. You can remove it with such CSS on your website:
#hikashop_paypal_button{display:none;}

2. You can edit the user account email via the menu System->Emails in the Business edition and remove the line:
<?php echo JText::sprintf('HIKA_PASSWORD').' : '.$data->password;?><br/>

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds