Storage of Credit Card Information

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #73772

Hi,

This is my first support question after putting my shop online and processing 10-15 orders (I wish to highlight the quality of the Hikashop, good documentation and the responsive forum).

I have eSelect Plus payment gateway configured with AIM method of Authorize.net payment plugin. It works perfect.

Query 1: Do we store full credit card number in the website database? Is there any way one can know the credit card number of any customer? I got confused because of this post: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/61038...on-solved.html#61038

My second query is: can we mask the CVV or verification code (3-4 digits at the back of the card) with asterisks /other symbol? My site displays the number when entered. Is this number saved in the database?

Thanks in advance,

Sarang.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 6 months ago #73790

Hi,

HikaShop and the Authorize.net plugin don't store the credit card information on your website.
The CVV is not displayed by HikaShop once submitted by the user.
Only your browser is displaying it while you're typing it which is necessary for some users so that they can check that they entered the correct numbers in the fields before submitting the information.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #73947

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the quick response.

Sarang

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds