maximum recommended products in hikashop?

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 4 months ago #80706

Hi Everyone,

I'm very exited because I will be using HikaShop for atleast one small shop. (around 100 products)
But I'm considering to use HikaShop for a bigger shop with almost 4000 products (with the plan to add more products in the future).

1) Can HikaShop support 4000 products and more? Any demosites or showcases where I can take a look? (to see the loadtime)

2) How many product can HikaShop support without slowing down much. (An estimate of course :) )

some additional info:
In the current shop (non-hikashop) there are almost 120 categories with 4000 products.
And the amount of products varies from 8 to 307 products per category with the exception of 1 category that has 650 products.

3) Last question is how much time would a page need to load with a category around 250-300 products and 650 products.

If you can give me any indication that would be greatly appreciated.
Really!!!!

The current shop is slow and takes quite a lot of time to load so that's why I'm considering in migrating it to hikashop.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Cheers,

SG

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by SG. Reason: typo title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 4 months ago #80732

Hi,

I've seen a few customers with more than 100 000 products in their HikaShop store. 4000 won't be a problem ;)
Take a look at this one: www.hikashop.com/en/forum/8-showcase/285...wwwkaze-animefr.html
It's the biggest manga/anime Eurpoean publisher using HikaShop on their website and they have several thousand products from what I can see.
We cannot disclose website URLs from users unless they posted it themselves on our showcase area. So I invite you to simply look at our showcase area for more examples:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/8-showcase.html

The loading time doesn't change much if you have one or thousands products in a category. It mainly depends on the number of products that you're displaying on the current page. If you're displaying 4000 products on one page, the load time will be big of course since all the data has to be loaded from the database, processed and then sent to the browser. You will start to see slowdowns with over a hundred of products displayed at the same time on a page but then it depends on your web server specs...

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 4 months ago #80756

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for answering so quickly!

You've got me al excited now.
Now I can't wait to do the second shop as well :-)
But it's good that I can start with the smaller (100 products) shop/site first to get to know HikaShop and get some experience in it.

About the load time.
The current shop shows 48 products per page but when I click on a category that has 250-300 products then it takes A LOT more time that a category with only one page with 48 products.
If I remember correctly it takes sometimes 10 to 15 seconds to load!

It seems that in the current non-HikaShop the whole category is loaded at once.
If I understand you correctly HikaShop works differently when executing the queries and loading the products on a page, which makes it faster.

I'm looking forward to try it out.

Thanks again for the answers.

Cheers,

SG

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds