shipping costs based on maxnumber of items in cart

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #83722

I want a shipping cost to be applied only if there are a maximum of 2 items in a cart, is there a way of doing this?
i don't have the volumes of all my products so cant use this method

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 4 months ago #84016

Hi,

We would need to know how you configured you correct shipping methods in order to understand what are the possibilities. Could you explain a bit more your situation please ?

11 years 4 months ago #84029

i used the manual shipping method. I created a shipping method eg Delivery to Australia 0 to 19kg, added Australia country to the shipping zone, then added a minimum weight 0kg and a maximum weight 19kg.

What I need is to create another shipping method for items under 1.5kg or maximum 3 items which also displays a warning that this shipping method can only be used for small parcels not exceeding 90cm in total or maximum 3 items weighing less than 1.5kg not exceeding 90cm

can this be done ?

Many Thanks

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #84499

Hi,

In the manual shipping method options, you can limit to a maximum volume and a maximum weight, it takes volume and the weight of all the products in the cart.
To restrict for a number of items, it's not implemented yet, you can duplicate the manual shipping plugin and edit it to add an option to restrict to a number of products.

I add this functionality on the TODO list.

11 years 3 months ago #86328

i cant use maximum volume or weight as i have over 3000 products not all of them have volume sizes? Can it not be based on number of items in cart?

Thanks

11 years 3 months ago #86331

If you set the same weight or volume in all these products, you can use the weight or volume restriction to do a number of items restriction.
It might however not be adapted to your situation and in that case, that would require to add such options in the manual shipping plugin. As Xavier said, that's on our todo list.

11 years 3 months ago #86344

the weights can be used but are not accurate, for example customers could buy up to 2kg of items but their volume would exceed the 900mm maximum for a certain shipping option. so even though the weight is below the shipping option requirement, its volume its too large for it as parcel companies also use volume as well as weights to calculate costs. The way I was trying to get around this was to restrict the number of items in the cart. However my only option now is to put up a pop up message warning them that certain options are only for a maximum number of items. Can you advise how I can display a popup message in hika shop when they select a certain shipping method?

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #86390

Hi,

Displaying a popup would require some development, so my advise would be to say it trough your shipping description

Hope this will help you.

11 years 3 months ago #86392

did this but it has caused issues hence the reason for the post so as to prevent it from happening again. So I gather there is no real solution to this issue ?

11 years 3 months ago #86547

Instead of a popup, the solution is to not have any shipping method in that case. Thus, HikaShop will display an error message telling the user for example that the products in the cart exceed the limits of the shipping methods. That will also block the user from checking out with a shipping method which would not be possible.
Then, you can customize the error message with a translation override to have the text you want for it.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds