Duplicate Products in Database - dont show on page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #86269

Hi,
I have created a Site to which I recently added SH404ef and whilst I struggle to get that right I have another issue. Some of my products appear twise in the product browser, with the same ID. If I unpublish the product they both beome unpublished, so I know they are the same.
Now when I browse the product in my site it lets me drill down via the menu see here:
www.allsortsofsweets.com.au/index.php/sour/product/listing.html

if you click the top middle product Ross's Soor Plooms, you will get a 404 error. How can this be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #86384

Hi,

Do you have edited any views ?
Are you sure that the products are twice in database ?

The 404 error append maybe because of the sh404sef configuration.

11 years 3 months ago #86393

Not sure what view you are referring to.
The attached file shows an example of a duplicate product. I accept the link error may be a sh404 config issue and will take it up with them.

Attachments:

11 years 3 months ago #86419

I don't really know how the product have been duplicated with the same id, it should not be possible.
Can you give us the steps used to duplicate this product ? (if you have duplicated it).

To remove one of this product, you can create a little script which will select all the products, check for duplicate IDs, get the duplicated product_id and product_order, and then delete the products from the table product where the product_id = ... AND product_order = ...

11 years 3 months ago #86512

The database only shows one item with the equivalent product_id (of course). This product has not been ordered yet so there are no orders. The problem appears to be in the display in hikashop only.

11 years 3 months ago #86532

Further to this, the product shows as a single if I drill down through the product categories and only shows as duplicate if it is multiple categories. I assume then this is the design and it is in fact showing the same product for multiple categories. Maybe you need to display the category if you are going to do this, to avoid confusion. BTW what is the order field for?

David

11 years 3 months ago #86661

Had you edited the view "product / listing" in the backend template in HikaShop > Display > Views ?

The order field is for change the order of the products in the category, it can be useful in a frontend products listing, or if you use the "next - previous" buttons on a product page.

11 years 3 months ago #86708

No definitely not.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds