special shipping for some items

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 3 months ago #87393

I have some items that can be sold and send LETTER SIZE by Australia Post but because everything comes up as parcels the cost is too much. What to do? Is there something I should do to correct this or how can I set custom freight for some items - ? manual shipping ? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #87405

Hi gigi,

Yes I think that manual shipping could be a good solution, you'll just have to :
- Use the "Use the prices per product" option of your manual shipping method.
- Set a price for each products which have to be sent through the LETTER SIZE shipping methode through the "Shipping prices" tab of each product's page.

Hope this will help you.

11 years 3 months ago #87532

I NEED URGENT HELP now.
I had all working perfectly yesterday with Australia Post Plugin used for all items.

I setup 2 manual shipping items. That seemed to work ok. I set for a maximum weight and the products that will use this are below that weight, double checked all that. That was the only field I used but I assume that is ok.??

First it worked but then I couldn't purchase any other products in a NEW ORDER over that weight. I get the message that the volume is too much for the cart.

I have Australia Post Plugin allowed for all zones
then two manuals for smaller postage

NOW I have turned off the manual plugin and items I setup I get a message. NO SHIPPING METHOD FOUND...
BUT WHEN I COMPLETE THE ORDER the Aus Post shipping method is there and works!

This seemed to go away once, the message I mean but now that I tired the manual postage a second time, it is back! Is this a cache thing!

I have spent so many months on this and urgently just need to complete this last step. I have worked a lot of things out myself as it is taking so long to communicate through here.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #87573

Ok, can you send me a temporary access to your back-end through PM for testing purpose ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: gigi

11 years 3 months ago #87590

I will message the details for backend. I have attached screenshots to you know exactly what I mean and also you can see I have setup the two manual shipping components.

I have also DISABLED the Hikashop price per product plugin as I was having problems getting it back to the original working condition so I have turned everything off except the main Australia Post Shipping Plugin.

HOPE it is clear - we want the Australia Post Shipping Method which is working great, for all products apart from two in the screenshot which are letter size and need to have cheaper postage - we would like to use manual shipping on these only.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 3 months ago #87688

Hi,

I think that you're not using the manual shipping methods plugin properly.
The manual shipping methods restrictions are global to the cart. When you set a max of 200g, it means that you don't want to display the shipping method when the total weight of the cart is bigger than 200g.
Which is why you can't add more than one product in the cart in that case.

Unfortunately, you cannot cumulate two different shipping methods. So even if you can have fixed shipping prices for these products using the "shipping price per product" option of the manual shipping methods plugin, if you have one of these products and australia post shipped products both in the cart, it will display both choices without cumulating both prices.

If you're ok with not being able to sell both types of products in the same order, then you can set big dimensions in these products (so that australia post doesn't show when these products are in the cart), create two manual shipping methods with a min volume of one of these products and the shipping price per product option turned on in them, and finally set the prices of the shipping for these products in the shipping price area of the product edition page.

Being able to have the two shipping methods system to cumulate would require to change the whole shipping system so that all the shipping plugins could be duplicated and that they would all have all the options of the manual shipping plugin. That's something we want to work on in 2013.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds