State and Zip/Postal Code Missing from User Addres

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #88726

Has anyone experienced the situation where the State/Province and Zip/Postal Code fields are missing from the Billing Information in the checkout?

I have gone through my site for hours now reviewing the code looking for any reason this could happen and have not been able to find any reason. I have even replaced code from another identical website that does not have this issue and cannot seem to find any way to get these fields to reappear.

Here is a screen cap of what my page details look like: screencast.com/t/9eVGamLoo

i've also gone into the the User manager and the info isn't even available to be entered for the user: screencast.com/t/m70x3FBhktAB

All the fields are published in the Custom Fields manager: screencast.com/t/B5GvmjG9fg

If anyone has every experienced this before and can offer any direction on how to correct it would be really helpful as my cart is barely functional without this working.

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #88813

Hi,

The address country is unpublished, so the states dropdown can not be generated. So the customer can't set his state and it's not display after.
Try to publish the country field, set a default value for this field, then edit the state field, set a default value too, and it should work.

11 years 3 months ago #88907

I published the country and still experienced issues. Thank you, thank you to Nicolas for his personal touch investigating the issue and identifying that the postal code field was set to display incorrectly causing a JS loop error.

You guys are really fantastic. Glad i made the decision to use HS for my new site store. :cheer:

• Hikashop Essential
11 years 2 months ago #91038

Hi there, I am also having issues with getting the states of Australia to appear as a dropdown. I have just 1 country published - Australia. If I publish another country, say New Zealand, then the state dropdowns appear for both countries. I'm using HikaShop 2.1.0 on J2.5.9 website

Any ideas but it looks a bit like a bug at this stage.

JR

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 2 months ago #91146

Hello,

1. Can you show me how did you configured your "address_country" custom field trough some screenshots ?
2. Could you give a link to your shop so that we can see the problem ?

thank you.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #91147

Hi there,

You have to change the default state in the custom fields configuration (Display>custom fields> state)

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds