How to display option descriptions in cart?

• Thank you received: 18
11 years 2 months ago #91045

On your demo site link below, adding the item to the cart displays both the option name and the description of the selected option.

demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...y_pathway=23&lang=en

On my site, the option name displays in the cart, but not the option chosen, so the customer can't see what they've ordered. I've looked through configuration, views and CSS trying to figure out what controls this display.
How can I get the display in my cart to work as in your demo site?

Related to Product Options:
When using product options, I would expect the "Add To Cart" displayed to be replaced with "Choose Options". Products with variants / characteristics work as expected (Choose Options), but not when using product options. It would be preferable to have the customer go to the product detail before they can add to the cart. That way they know what options are available and what they're ordering.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 2 months ago #91133

Hi there,

Options should be displayed automatically with the business version.
Do you have the last Hikashop version? Also do your options have a namekey?
About the button thing, I've seen another topic talking about this so we'll look at it :)

11 years 2 months ago #91184

I'm using the business version 2.1, I believe that's the latest.

I don't know what is meant by a "namekey". I looked in the product setup as well as an export and don't see a field called, or anything that looks like a "namekey"

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #91289

Hi,

Have your products used as options vairants ? If yes, it should be displayed in the cart, if the options have no variants so it's not displayed.

To change the button "Add to cart" to "Choose options", you can edit the file "components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php" and in thee function "listing()" add:

$database->setQuery('SELECT * FROM '.hikashop_table('product_related').' WHERE product_related_type = '.$database->quote('options').' AND product_id IN ('.implode(',',$ids).')');
			$options = $database->loadObjectList();
			if(!empty($options)){
				foreach($rows as $k => $product){
					foreach($options as $option){
						if($product->product_id==$option->product_id){
							$rows[$k]->has_options = true;
							break;
						}
					}
				}
			}
Before:
			$currencyClass->getListingPrices($rows,$pageInfo->zone_id,$pageInfo->currency_id,$pageInfo->filter->price_display_type);

We have just added it on our end, and will be available for the next release.

11 years 2 months ago #91351

I have products with product options such as size, color, material type, etc.
Those product options are implemented using variants / characteristics.
In the cart, the name of the option is displayed, but not the description of the selected option, so there's no way for the customer to know what they've selected to verify cart contents prior to completing checkout.

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by csymmonds.

• Thank you received: 13088
11 years 2 months ago #91489

Hi,

Can you make sure that the "append characteristic value to product name" option is turned on in the configuration ?
If not, turn it on and try again.

If that doesn't help, please give a link to a product page with the issue so that we can see that.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds