Free product on frontpage with no redirect

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #93499

Hi, I am trying to figure out a way to have a free product displaying in a module on the frontpage, which the user does not need to register beforehand to order, and that does not redirect to the product page. Basically I wish to have a registration form in which the user will input their customer details, name address etc, and when the "Add to Cart" button is pressed, an order is sent without leaving the frontpage and redirecting to the product page. Their details would then be saved and an order generated for the product, which would then be sent to the address specified.

Is this something I can achieve with the existing setup or will I need to find someone to develop a custom module or something? I have tried to look for a similar question in the forums but cannot find anything. If you could point me in the right direction that would be amazing. thanks :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #93567

Hi,

You have to create a menu for the registration using the HikaShop registration (with address etc..) then in the module option, disable the option "link to the product page", display the add to cart button.
In the Main > Cart options, set the option "After a product is added to the cart" to "Always go to checkout".

By this way the customer will be redirected to the checkout, and in the checkout you have to add a little code in the view "checkout / step", check if the total price is equal to 0, if it is submit the form.
With that code, the checkout will be proceed automatically. Some code will be required too for the redirection, in the view "checkout / after_end" make a redirection to the home page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jen168

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #93626

Thank you, I have the popup appearing and the product is added to the cart but I am not great with PHP... I don't suppose you could give me a simple example of the code I need to insert? Thanks! :)

Edit: Also, I don't want the user to have to redirect to the registration page if not logged in. Can you explain this step again as I don't think I understand how the menu item relates to the module ("You have to create a menu for the registration using the HikaShop registration (with address etc..) "). I created a menu item but I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the module, which is displaying on the frontpage. Here's a link to the site I'm building right now ( www.alphagoldbuyers.com/new )

Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by jen168.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 2 months ago #93827

With HikaShop it's not possible basically to make an order without going to the checkout page.
The easiest way for a fast checkout is to use the simplified registration option in the checkout options, by this way the customers only have to set their address.

To not have to go to the checkout, you have to make custom code.
For example display an address popup onclick on a free product if the user is not registered, and then proceed to checkout by a hidden way.

What you need require development. And it's a support forum, so we can't really help you for this feature.
Hope you understand.

Regards,

The following user(s) said Thank You: jen168

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds