Digital Free Shipping in variant

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 month ago #93906

I have created a bookshop website, and now the client wishes to add pdf ebooks to the site. I have setup a characteristic for the ebook option and set the book weight to 0kg. When I add it to the cart it automatically selects the first delivery option of £2.50 even though the shipping should only be selected using 1kg minimum.

So i added a new shipping option and set the minimum and maximum weight to 0kg and a price of £0. This appears to work but it still gives the client the option to change andselect the £2.50 delivery option which I dont want displayed if I can help it.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 1 month ago #94100

Hi Dave,

Could you please post a screenshot of your shipping method configuration? The one which cost £2.50
A screenshot of your product may also help us.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 1 month ago #94528

Hi,

I have attached the screenshot. In the meantime I set up another shipping option, that has a maximum wait of 0.9kg and set the digital delivery products to have a weight of 0.01 kg which at least gets round the problem. Im happy to leave it like this, but if there is a better way please let me know.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 1 month ago #94722

Please make sure that the option "force shipping regardless of weight" is turned off in the configuration. That way, it won't ask for shipping methods selection during the checkout if the product weights 0.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds