9 years 9 months ago #161011

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28

Hi,
we have a problem with options product and variants. That's the case, example:

Product A has got 3 variants
Product B has gor Product A as option.

Product B page show me the drop-down box where I can choose the 3 variants about Product A. If user select one of them, then he cannot remove that option and he must refresh the page to remove it!
Suppose that I want to buy only product B without ANY option; I would expect a drop-down option like this:

• No
  • Variant 1
  • Variant 2
  • Variant 3

Why "NO" or something like that is displayed?

Thanks in advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 9 months ago #161036

Hi,

Sometimes, you don't want a "no" choice, or you don't want the "no" choice to be the default value.
Because of these reasons, if you need a "no" choice for an option, you need to add an extra variant/characteristic value to the option which will act as a "no" choice.

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 9 months ago #161072

Thanks Nicolas for your answer. I understand your point of view but that's a pain for lot of cases.

Imagine that Product A has got color as variants. It's obvious that adding a "No" option have no sense, and this is a very commone usage. Example a T-shirt (red, green, blue) that I can add as option to a pair of trousers, but when I buy that pair of trousers I don't have to buy EVEN the T-shirt, so I could choose a "No" option. But when I by the T-shirt it has no sense that I see the "No" value in the Color variants.

Also I saw in your demo site that to avoid this issue you created 2 different products for the same good. Example you have 2 webcam created for the same product. The first one you sell without the "Without" ("No" in my case) option and the other one with the option "Without".
You see that this is a nice trick to let it work correctly but it not the right way it should work also if you have really lot of product to manege.

The best way should be that when Product A has got 3 variants (color for example, and it's obvious that I must choose one of them and a "No" value have no sense) if I use it as option for Product B, HikaShop should display me a parameter (in backend option's manager) to add a "No" value.

Would you consider this important feature in next releases?

Thanks in advice.

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 8 months ago #162471

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your feedback, I just added it on our TODO least so that we can improve the displaying of product options through the product page.

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 7 months ago #169001

Hello,
Indeed, it would be great to have such a "No option" feature.
+1

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #315348

Hi,

Has this or a workaround been completed yet please?

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315349

Hi,

Yes. We've added hidden options for that a while back:
www.hikashop.com/support/forum/product-c...t-option.html#314031

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds