move product description to the right

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #200562

-- HikaShop version -- : latest version
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Hi,

1)I would like to move the product description(including price, characteristics, add to cart button) to the right of the product image. I have followed this hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/84349-produc...ht-product-page.html but the description is still below the image.

2)how can I move the add to cart button to the right of the price?

3)How to separate the description into 2 sections? For example, first section is above all the price and characteristics and other section in below all the details and the image.

I am new. Please make it simple.

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 11 months ago #200565

Hi,

1. That solution is correct. If it doesn't change anything, it means that either you're editing the view file for another template than the one you're using, or you're not editing the correct view file (for example, if you changed "layout on product page" setting, you'll need to edit the show_* corresponding to your layout).

2. It depends. We would need a link to the page to be able to analyze how you have your product page in order to provide a precise answer.

3. In that case, don't do the modification from point 1 and instead create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields. That way, you'll be able to enter the text that you want on the right within the custom product field, and you'll be able to enter the text that you want in the bottom area in the normal description field.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 11 months ago #200642

Yes, the solution was correct!
Thank you so much for your support. :cheer: :cheer:

I would like to move the custom field created to the top and move the description by the price and characteristics as shown in the picture.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 11 months ago #200646

Hi,

You'll have to edit the show_default view file (or the one you selected as the layout to use) via the menu Display>Views and move the code:

if(!empty($this->fields)){

$this->setLayout('show_block_custom_main');
		echo $this->loadTemplate();
	}
and the code:
if(empty ($this->element->characteristics) || $this->params->get('characteristic_display')!='list'){ ?>
		<div id="hikashop_product_quantity_main" class="hikashop_product_quantity_main">
			<?php

$this->row = & $this->element;
			$this->ajax = 'if(hikashopCheckChangeForm(\'item\',\'hikashop_product_form\')){ return hikashopModifyQuantity(\'' . $this->row->product_id . '\',field,1' . $form . ',\'cart\'); } else { return false; }';
			$this->setLayout('quantity');
			echo $this->loadTemplate();
			?>
		</div>
	<?php }
after the code:
if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightBegin))
		echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightBegin);

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds