product variants

• Thank you received: 114
8 years 6 months ago #213736

Hi,

Been looking for this on forums but couldn't find answer...
Not sure is it possible but I have one product with different colors.
I want to show all colors variants on products listing of the same product.
Example: I have socks with 3 colors. Green, Red, Blue.
So on products listing I want to show: Socks-green, Socks-red, Socks-blue. This is same product but have different colors...
On socks-green product page I can choose 2 more variants, red and blue.
On socks-red product page I can choose green and blue variants....
On socks-blue product page I can choose green and red variants...

What I did right now I made 2 products of the same item with different colors and added all variants. Problem is that if someone would buy from first product variant green it will not update on second product that it was bought..

Tried to be as clear as possible...

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by kyratn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 6 months ago #213744

Hi,

In your case, I would not use characteristics. I would just have the three variants as three different products and have the 2 other products display as related products on the product page so that the customer would access the other product pages.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

• Thank you received: 114
8 years 6 months ago #213758

That's a good idea. Thank you Nicolas

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 2 months ago #314676

Hi Nicolas,

I have been looking in to this option for re3lating colours.

I have found 2 issues that I'm not sure how to get by.

It looks like JD are doing a similar related product thing you suggested for colour variations.:
www.jdsports.co.uk/product/black-nike-ai...ve-t-shirt/15973322/

This works well when filtering as you can filter all the "Green" products and the filter results have the green product images to show the customers. However, in the product category, lets say "mens/shirts" there would be the Green / Blue / Red version of the same product. However, on the JD sports site when browsing that category "mens/shirts" only one colour variation is shown. I'm not sure how they do that? When you click into a colour variation on the JD site the breadcrumbs for each colour variation say the same "mens/shirts" yet some must be omitted from the browse functionality - any suggestions for this?

The drawback with this is that you can't have related products AND colour variations. as it starts to get a bit messy. JD sport solve this by using the customers also viewed option, however, it seems they have control over this as they can show shorts that match in that area. Any ideas how to replicate that?

Many thanks!

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 2 months ago #314678

Hi,

1. I suppose that you could do that with HikaShop by having all the color variants of the product with the same name. That way the breadcrumb would display without the color variation. And then, in the listing page, you would add a condition on the MySQL query to not retrieve more than one product with the same name (you could do that by developing a small hikashop plugin to modify the MySQL query). That way, when you filter on a color, you would get the product of that color, and otherwise, if no color filtering is done, you would get the first one "randomly" and the others would be ommited.

2. Well, that would require some development to first track what products are seen by who in the database so that it would then be possible to have some code to use that data to display a listing of products also seen by others synchronized with the current product.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 2 months ago #314738

Great thanks for your help Nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds