• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 3 months ago #227653

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.16

Is the following thing possible on the product page:

Our customer needs a book, so we want that they can choose:
- how many pages (not with a dropdown please, they have to type their quantity. Is this possible???)
- the paper they want
- the cover they want
- the binding they want
- how many books they want

After they made their choices, there wil be a calculation for the price for his products?
I struggle with the first item ... the other are options or characteristics.
And then, a book with 200 pages gives so many variations on the backend that i don't how to set the prices?
Is there a possibility to add a form on the product page that calculates the price? There is maybe an extension that works well with hikashop that can be integrated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 2 months ago #227705

Hello,
An easy solution would be to use characteristics but if you really don't want to use them for the number of page, the solution will but to create custom item fields via "Hikashop->Display->Custom fields" for these fields :

- how many pages (not with a dropdown please, they have to type their quantity. Is this possible???)
- the paper they want
- the cover they want
- the binding they want

"how many books they want" : Note that the quantity field will do the job.

Also, if you want your product price to dynamically change regarding these 4 custom item fields, you'll have to develop a plugin which will change the price of your product regarding the value of these custom item fields.

You'll find attached a plugin which change the price/quantity of your product regarding an "ordered_length" custom item field.

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 2 months ago #228019

I checked your plugin , it is not something I want. I gave you an example above. I want the client to write down the width and height, and the price calcutated on the fly. I don t want this entries to be saved in the database.
Can you help?

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 2 months ago #228022

Hello,
The only way to have a product price which change "on the fly" regarding the value of the width/length will be to use characteristics (not a text field). Else, there is actually no option to do exactly what you want, so you'll have to directly develop it which will also require developer skills.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 2 months ago #228106

I know, this surely requires developers skills. I sent to hikashop an email for price.
Thanks for your time.

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 2 months ago #228108

I placed this topic also on another forum.
Someone could tell me that it is possible with the integration of calc builder. But it needs also a little bit experience with php-code ...

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 2 months ago #228451

Hi,

The HikaShop support team can provide support on HikaShop ; but it does not provide custom developer here.
If you want custom job ; you can use the "contact us" form to contact the HikaShop team or use the "commercial jobs" of that forum.

Otherwise, the plugin triggers for the price calculation are available in the developer documentation.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...mentation.html#other

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds