Editing View for Custom Front End Product Display

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 5 months ago #252676

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 53.0.2785.143

Hi Hikashop,

I understand that under the standard product view, the "hikashop_product_left_part" is a span6 column containing the product images, and the "hikashop_product_right_part" is another span6 column containing the listing price, stock quantity and add to cart button.

What I want to do is to NOT display the "hikashop_product_right_part" but instead replace it with the "hikashop_product_bottom_part" (which is the description of the product) as a span6 column FOR ONE category only (the Billboard category). That means for the Billboard category, there is NO listing price, NO stock quantity, and NO add to cart, but in that place it will show the DESCRIPTION instead.

I understand I should add some PHP code at Views -> Product -> Show, but what should I be adding in order to restrict the special view to ONE category only?

Thank you! =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
7 years 5 months ago #252684

Hi,

You don't need any code for that.
Edit the "show_default" view file via the menu Display>Views. That's the default view which display the product page.
There, change the name of the file in the top field to something else and save.
Then, in the category where you want a different layout, select that new layout in the "layout on product page" setting of your category.
That way, the products of that category will automatically use that new layout that you can customize in the menu Display>Views, independently of the original one which will still be used elsewhere.

The following user(s) said Thank You: saejangracer

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 5 months ago #252740

Hi nicolas,

Thank you! That's a useful function =)

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds