One per vs global add to cart on listings

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 2 months ago #263081

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 56.0.2924.87

Good day,
I'm experiencing a couple of problems, one aesthetic, one functional, relating to the Add to Cart button on listings. From a functional standpoint, when the add to cart is configured as one per product, the quantity added to the cart is always one regardless of the number set in the quantity box for the item. Aesthetically, is there a reason that the stock level is eliminated when the Global add to cart configuration is selected?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

It's amazing how the omission of a semicolon can absolutely ruin an otherwise pleasant evening.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13065
7 years 2 months ago #263086

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We didn't know about that problem. I've added a patch for that on our end. Download the install package again on our website and install it on yours and it will add the patch.

Yes, that's done on purpose.
Suppose that you have a listing of a 100 variants or products.
The customers will usually want to buy only a few different variants.
With a global add to cart button, if we put 1 in all the quantity fields, the customer would have to change the quantity to 0 for all the variants/products he doesn't want before clicking on the global "add to cart" button.
But when you have one button per variant/product, if the customer clicks on the add to cart button, it means he wants at least 1 of that variant/product, so we put one by default in the quantity field.
So, as I hope you can understand, this is done to help the customers.

7 years 2 months ago #263134

Thanks for the reply and the fix, Nicolas!
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear on the second issue, but I was referring to the available stock level ("X items in stock") not being shown in the global product listing as it is in the per product listing.

Matt

It's amazing how the omission of a semicolon can absolutely ruin an otherwise pleasant evening.
Attachments:

7 years 2 months ago #263201

Hi,

Thanks. I understand what you mean. I've added a patch for that too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: spoonbow

7 years 2 months ago #263206

Nicolas,
Thanks for the quick response. Your support for Hikashop is, as always, superior!

Matt

6 years 2 months ago #287135

Hello,
I have the latest Joomla 3.8.4
I want to display my products in a list view as well. When applied the list view configurations, the stock did not display in a column between the size and quantity box desired.
I just uploaded Hika for Business 3.2.2 to see if the patch would work. It did not.
Can you please provide me directions on what I need to do?
Thank you so much.
Nadine

Attachments:

6 years 2 months ago #287138

Hi,

You probably have view overrides in your template preventing you from seeing the patch.
Rename the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/ to deactivate all the view overrides of the template for HikaShop.
If you then see the quantity displayed, that would confirm that.
Then, you would have to repeat the process with the different files (probably starting with the ones under the "product" folder of that folder) in order to indentify which view file override is causing the issue.

6 years 2 months ago #287177

Thank you so much Nicolas.
You were right. It worked when I deactivated the com_hikashop folder. I have to find the culprit now.
I appreciate your quick response and awesome support.
Nadine

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds