Add tabs to product view

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #267635

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4

Hi. I know that the topic is not new (there are 2-5 yr. old outdated topics regarding this matter, but I could not find them useful). Thing is a got a client with Hikashop running on hi's website. I'm not quite experienced with this thing, therefore asking for your help. I have products displayed in tabular view, so far there are 2 tabs: Apraksts (Description) and Specifikacija (Specifications) (Yeah, it's sneaky Latvian). Thing is that I need to add another tab with custom field (Text). Any chance to get help please ? Also I do know that Hikashop is outdated on the website (2.6.4) but the client insists on keeping things as it is.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
6 years 11 months ago #267636

Hi,

Our FAQ has a section "How to add a tab in the tabular view ?"about that:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/106-faq.html#layo
And to display the content of a custom product field, there, you can use such code:

<?php echo $this->element->XXX; ?>
where XXX is the column name of the custom field.

6 years 11 months ago #268001

Thank You for the reply. I've done what's explained in the FAQ. I do have the required Tab now. The problem is that the TAB is empty, even though I've added code required to link it to Custom field. I've added a picture of edited region of show_tabular.php, can you spot what I've done wrong ?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 11 months ago #268016

Hello,

If it didn't displayed the value of your product custom field, you should actually check that :
- you correctly used the value of your custom field "column name" through your custom field configuration page.
- you have set a value for your product custom field through your product configuration page.

6 years 11 months ago #268090

Oh, misspelled the column name. Thank You for your help.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds