Top level categories in Alpa order

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #272153

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : opera 45

Apologies for such a simple question but I can't see a similar answer and I have tried sever category listing options without success. In the category listings on the front end, how do I get each level to list in alpha order.

Thanks,
Stu and Ian

(edit) I should mention that we're importing thousands of products so it's not possible to manually order anything

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by smithshop123. Reason: fixed spelling mistake in Topic title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 10 months ago #272161

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #272170

Hi, you've linked through to my original topic. Is there a different one that answers this question.

Thanks,
Ian & Stu

• Thank you received: 13079
6 years 10 months ago #272182

Hi,

If you want to sort the categories/products of your listings in alphabetical order, that's quite easy. Edit your categories/products listing menu items via the Joomla menus manager and under the "categories options" tab, you'll find the ordering column and ordering direction settings to control the way the categories listing is ordered on that menu item, and in the "products options" tab, you'll find the same settings for the products listing under that menu item.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 10 months ago #272195

Thanks,
I tried this (menu > category options) before posting and it didn't work so I've reverted to pre-sorting and reimporting my entire catalogue in excel. This was painful because the process of deleting my products also remove all of my images. We have a test site so I'll try again with that one and let you know if it's not working.

Regards,
Ian and Stu

(edit) your instructions worked! Don't know what I was doing yesterday but it wasn't that.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by smithshop123. Reason: Moderators response answered question

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds