Category accordion menu

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 6 months ago #279144

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.1

Hello,
I'm trying to find some documentation on how to create an accordion menu of categories, similar to the one on the demo site?

Which module do I use and what settings do I need to configure?

Thanks

Lee Tempest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 6 months ago #279158

Hi,

When you install HikaShop for the first time on a website, you get automatically a "categories listing on 2 levels" module that is already configured like you want. So just enable it in the position you want in the Joomla modules manager and you're done.
If you deleted that module, or you updated from a really old version of HikaShop where the modules were not created, you can create a new module of the type "HikaShop content module" via the Joomla modules manager and configure it like you want.
Here is a screenshot of how the module is configured on our demo website:

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 6 months ago #279357

Nicolas,
Thanks for the reply. I've tried to mirror your settings, but I do not have the display setting options you seem to have with the Display in Dv / Div option on my dropdown, see attached.

Can you help?

Thanks

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13066
6 years 6 months ago #279360

Hi,

The "menu" setting is a list of the menu items that you've configured on your website.
So of course, you'll have different ones in there. Select the "categories listing" menu item there. That's the default one created by HikaShop.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 6 months ago #279425

Nicolas,
I've tried all the options to no avail? I've sent a Private message with login details, can you check what I have done incorrect?

Lee

• Thank you received: 611
6 years 6 months ago #279437

Hello,

Several thing, first as we work as a team don't use Private Message, use instead of Contact us form
second, as we can see with your account you don't have HikaShop commercial license, and so you can understand that we can't help every HikaShop user directly on their back end, this way to proceed is reserved for our customers.

In order to help you, don't forget that you can access our Demo Website back end in order to see by yourself our configuration, just by using "demo/demo" to access.

Sorry for this return and hope you understand our point of view.

Regards

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds