Noticing Random New Urls Being Created

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 5 months ago #281347

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.10

Hey Hikashop Fam!

I recently noticed that my entire backend urls are reporting new urls for each item. In the attached screenshot you can see the first 2 items which are correct but below there are 2 random links showing product_id-#/name-productname.html

Is there something I need to configure or turnoff on the backend to get these removed somehow. They are showing for every product I have published in my store.

Thnx N Advance For Help!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 5 months ago #281354

Hi,

These URLs are not wrong.
However, I don't know where they come from so hard to say what you should do.
Where do you have them on your website frontend ?
HikaShop doesn't normally use the "product_id" parameter and use instead the "cid" parameter which is removed automatically when the URL is SEF. The order of the parameters in the non SEF version of these 2 URLs is strange too.
It looks like these URLs are generated by a third party extension.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302434

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I am finding all sorts of URLs that should not exist. They are being indexed by search engines and probably wreaking havoc with my SEO. For instance:

superiorsignal.com/products/ultrasonic-i...12-24-test-ball-plug
This product does not belong the the "ultrasonic Instruments" category so how could it show at this url? Its even the wrong template. In fact when I add any product to the end of this url is shows the product.

Here is the correct url for the product above: superiorsignal.com/smoke-products/sewer-...12-24-test-ball-plug

For kicks i removed the second word "product" from the url and got this: superiorsignal.com/products/ultrasonic-i...12-24-test-ball-plug

I have no idea what this is. As far as I know these should all be returning 404's

Thanks

Matt

5 years 3 months ago #302451

Hi,

Your problem is different from @41global.
It's normal that these URLs don't return 404 errors.
However, these URLs are only referenced if you don't configure the "canonical URL" setting of your products (which you should do) with the main URL you want to be indexed for your products.
For example, on our website marketplace, you can find that product page:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/229-adyen-sha-256.html
But you can change the id of that URL to any other product on our website and it will display the product page of that product even if it's not supposed to be in the marketplace.
However, since each product has its canonical URL filled in with the URL we want to be used, only the URLs we want get indexed by search engines.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 weeks ago #305421

Hey Nicolas, I put in the canonical urls for all products as you said when you posted 2-3 months ago. The problem still exists. Do you think that is normal? I feel like google would have indexed the changes by now.

Thanks

Matt

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 weeks ago #305422

Im now even getting products showing on different template styles that are only assigned to maybe 1 page of the site and not a product page. For instance:

superiorsignal.com/component/hikashop/pr...332-clog-buster-pack
should be
superiorsignal.com/smoke-products/sewer-...332-clog-buster-pack

Both show in google results

Matt

5 years 2 weeks ago #305445

Hi,

If I check the URL from before, I can see that the canonical URL is properly specified on the page:
monosnap.com/file/zvroJo5ougf6eqYPtjwSOcP5NjvMZ3
So if you have other results for that product page indexed, it means that Google didn't reindex these pages since you added the canonical URL. You should try to have it recrawl the URLs:
stackoverflow.com/questions/9466360/how-...-re-crawl-my-website

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds