Product options and clutter it causes in the checkout cart

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 4 months ago #284323

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30-pl0-gentoo
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 61.0.3163.100
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error.

I'm having a problem with product options causing the checkout cart to be cluttered and messy looking. Perhaps I'm going about it wrong but let me explain how I've done it. I had to purchase Hikashop Essentials to make this work.

For example my products have options like this.

Here's an example of one of the drop downs "add 2nd pulley". Notice one option has no charges and others have charges.

In order to make that possible I had to go to:
Product --> Characteristics
Then add all the options there like this:

Then I had to actually go create a new product called "2nd pulley" and add the characteristics to it and then create variants of that product.

Then add variants to this new product with the previously added characteristics and put prices on the options that cost more.

That seems to have achieved the goal and given my original product options the user can select and charge accordingly for the various options.

The problem is now when you go to the checkout cart it's a huge mess showing all these options or rather additional products I had to add to make this work.

Example of this product in the cart

Now this product only had 6 options and look how messy and cluttered that shopping cart is already. Some products have over 15+ options.

The other issue is if you delete the item from your cart each of those "options" stay in the cart causing the user to have to go and delete each one individually.

Is there a better way to do this or perhaps a way to make the shopping cart display things better?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 4 months ago #284331

Hi,

You should activate back the setting "group options with product" in your HikaShop configuration.

6 years 4 months ago #284349

That makes a huge difference. Thanks. Seems like that should be the default.

6 years 4 months ago #284350

Is there a way to clear up the shipping info too? See pic below. It lists an icon for every option and it also lists every product in the cart even though it's all free shipping over $20. Just the summary at the bottom of the page would do.

Thanks
Malcolm

Attachments:

6 years 4 months ago #284357

Hi,

1. It is actually already the default value of that setting.

2. Regarding the shipping, if you don't have several choices for the customer anyways, you can remove the "shipping" block from your "checkout workflow".
However, as you point out, the product options images shouldn't appear there if they are grouped with their main product. We'll add a patch in the next version of HikaShop for that.

6 years 4 months ago #284415

nicolas wrote: 2. Regarding the shipping, if you don't have several choices for the customer anyways, you can remove the "shipping" block from your "checkout workflow".
However, as you point out, the product options images shouldn't appear there if they are grouped with their main product. We'll add a patch in the next version of HikaShop for that.

I can't remove the shipping block from checkout because items costing less than $200 require shipping costs. It's the larger orders over $200 that look cluttered because it shows multiple free shipping lines for every product taking up a lot of screen space for no reason.

I look forward to the patch to remove the product option images grouped together in shipping. Thank you.

6 years 4 months ago #284418

Hi,

No, you can remove the shipping block. The shipping fees will still apply on the cart.
What that will do is that the customer won't be able to change the shipping method (if several shipping methods are available which isn't the case apparently).

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds