READ MORE for category page

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #292979

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.walttools.com/product-categories/cat...sealers-and-coatings
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

I could not find a good answer surfing the forums, sorry. I have several category pages that contain a great deal of text. Too much where it may be pushing the sub categories or products to far down the page. I cannot get the read more to do anything. I see others have had the problem on the product pages where is does not work. Is that the same condition for category pages? If that does not work I may just insert a link to an article and keep the rest of the info in the backend that way but I'd really like to keep the content on the category page itself.
Thank you. Here is an example.
www.walttools.com/product-categories/cat...sealers-and-coatings
Thanks
don

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 10 months ago #292999

Hi,

It's normal that the description of the category is displayed in full on that page, because that's the main page of the category.
The read more button will be used on the listings of the categories for each category of the listing when you activate the display of their description, but not for the parent category description.
If you want to hide some content with a button which can make appear the rest of the content, then here is a page talking about several solutions for that:
www.gavick.com/forums/creativity-joomla3...w-hide-content-38758
Basically, you can either add some HTML/Javascript to the descriptions to handle that, or have a third party content extension with some tags in the descriptions to do that for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds