Displaying the list of categories without showing the product

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 7 months ago #297823

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 8.12
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

I have created a menu listing the categories.

When I click on it The categories are displayed an I can change the layout. But below the categories the products are displayed and I cannot get rid of them. (see attached screesnshot)

I am editing the Menu item / Products options and I see no option for NO DATA DISPLAY.

How can I do that?

I have the same problem with BRAND, but I solved it (artificially I think) by putting the sub-element filter to Direct sub elements in the
Data display section

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 7 months ago #297848

Hello,

You have to look in Categories Options tab, see my screenshot :

Check these red bordered settings, and reproduce my configuration.
Hope this will fit your needs.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

5 years 7 months ago #297851

Thank you for answering.

These are exactly the settings I have in the Categories Options as you can see from the attached snapshot and I still get the products displayed below the categories.

By the way, the background color and rounded corners of the Item box configuration do not work either.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 7 months ago #297853

Hi,

Then, you have to look under the "products options" tab of the menu item settings page, not the "categories options" tab.
There, you'll have another "sub elements filter" setting and you want it to be set to "direct sub elements" as to only get the products directly attached to the current category displayed, and not also the products of the sub categories.
The "categories options" tab is for the categories listing, while the "products options" tab is for the display of the products listing of the menu item.

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Philip.

5 years 7 months ago #297891

I understand what you are saying and this is exactly what I have. Please see the screen shots. I have both categories and Products for both «Liste des categories» and «Liste des collection»

When user clicks on «Liste des categories» The categories are listed ( I have 8 for now). Since none is yet selected I should not see any product.

What I do not understand is that it works for «Liste des collections» (these are brands). See Screen shot

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 7 months ago #297903

Hi,

Then it simply means that in the "categories" option of the products you not only added their direct category but you also added the parent category. And thus, the products display for both the direct category where you want the products and under the categories listing as they are also linked to the main category.
So please review the categories setting of these products.

5 years 7 months ago #297919

Thank you very much again !

You were right for some of the products I had both the product category and their own.

Once I removed the product category they do not show up.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds