Product with two VATs

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298277

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12

I have a product that has a part with 6% and a part with 21% VAT. How can I set this in Hikashop? I tried it with the bundled products (one for each VAT) but the shop displays just 1 VAT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #298278

Hi,

You can just create two tax rules with the "cumulative tax" setting activated in them. That way, both tax rules will apply their tax rate to the products of the "tax category" of the tax rules.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298340

If I understand you correctly I have to create two products, where 1 is with 6% and 1 has 21% VAT? And create a bundle so they have 1 price in the shop?
Or how do you know which part of a price is 6% and which part is 21%? The product price has for 66,71% the low VAT, the other 33,29 % is high VAT.

I attached screenshots from what I've made.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by yolknet.

5 years 7 months ago #298341

Hi,

No no. It's much simpler than that. You just create one product. You don't need to use the bundle feature. Then, simply select the BTW mixed tax category for the product and both 6% and 21% tax rates will apply to the product price.
On the checkout, you'll see two tax lines. One for the 6% rate and one for the 21% rate which will both be added to the gross total amount to make taxed total amount.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #298361

I hope it can be much simpler :-)
But how or where can you set which part should be low and high VAT? A product has a price of € 74.95, VAT included. In this price is € 47.17 low VAT (€ 2.83) and € 20.61 is high VAT (€ 4.34). Those four parts are summed up € 74.95. Where can I define this?

5 years 6 months ago #298365

Hi,

Ah ok, I didn't understand that each tax rate applied to a different proportion of the price of the product.

Still, the bundle feature won't help you. For now, the bundle feature doesn't use the prices of the sub products, only the price of the main product.
Instead, you can use options.
You need to:
- create a product which will be the main product with the price being low VAT part of the total price. In it, select a tax category for the low VAT rate.
- create a product with a characteristic with one variant with a gross price for the high VAT part of the total price. In it, select a tax category for the high VAT rate. Assign that product to an unpublished category so that it doesn't appear on its own.
- add that second product to the first product as an option.
That way on the product page of the first product, you'll get a mandatory option and the total price of that product + the option product, each one with their own VAT rate. You can also add CSS tohide the option area on the product page so that it doesn't appear.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298407

Thank you Nicholas, for thinking along with me. I followed your instructions but still can't get it working. The main product has the low VAT, and this is what the shopping cart displays.
Would you mind taking a look in the shop if I sent you login credentials and see if you can establish it?

5 years 6 months ago #298413

Hi,

That would mean that the option is not added along with the product.
Could you provide a link to the product page and a screenshot of the settings of the main product and a screenshot of the settings of the option product ?
That should be enough to allow us to tell you what's wrong.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 6 months ago #298468

Finally got it working! Yesterday I followed your steps but it didn't work. Today I checked the product in the non-active category and got an error there wasn't a variant. After adding this the problem was solved.
The only problem now is the product listing. The price mentioned here is the one of the low VAT (6%). And instead of adding the product to the cart from the product listing you first have to open the product and add it from there. In the attachment the screenshot what I mean. Do you maybe have a suggestion how to deal with these two last things?

For the rest: many thanks for your help in the product view.

Attachments:

5 years 6 months ago #298480

Hi,

Ah right, I didn't think about the listing.
In that case, I would recommend to turn off the display of the price on the listing (via the settings of the menu item).
OR, you can also create a second option for the low rate in a similar maner to the first one you already have. In that case, you'll get the word "free" on the listing for that product instead of the price, and you can use a translation override ( www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify ) to change that text to something else so that normal products have their price on the listing and this one doesn't.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds