Product Base price more a fee in function of restrictions width and length

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302653

Hi,
What would be the best way to show the product price based on the values entered in two fields, width and length.

One option I think it would work to create two custom fields, width and length, and work with product variations (characteristics), but I do not know the possibility of limiting the values entered in the custom fields (0-2), (3-5), etc showing an alert message.

Another option is to work with the plugin "HikaShop Custom Quantity plugin width length" but my problem is that the price of the product does not vary depending on m2, cm2, etc., the base price is added an amount based on measures maximum and minimum

Attached an image that simplifies the process.

Thank you very much
Javier

Javier Ballester
Hikashop Joomla! Magazine in Spanish
Tu tienda Online Joomla! Hikashop
magazine.joomla.org/es/all-issues/februa...enda-online-joomla-3
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302661

Hi,

How about creating two options, one for the width and one for the length ?
You would have 99 variants for each option and in each variant, the price you want to add to the base price when that variant is selected.
Then, you could just add the two options to the product.
The only drawback is that the two dropdowns would contain a lot of values, but I don't think that it's too much of a problem. and at least it will behave exactly like you want.

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #302705

Hi, Nicolas thank you

Going for product variations would lead to very long dropdowns, without including the introduction of millimeters.

A new way that we are analyzing is to make use of two groups of checkouts that allow adding an amount to the base price of the product. In parallel, ask the user to enter the exact values, width and length.

In this situation, we have 2 doubts

a) With hikashop, we could get to have the two groups of checkouts to increase the base price. Would the best option be to use Custom Field Plugin?
b) It is possible to work the Regular Expression Check option in the custom fields check group to warn / restrict the user that the entered values do not correspond to the selected mode.

Attached descriptive image of the process

Thank you very much
Javier

Javier Ballester
Hikashop Joomla! Magazine in Spanish
Tu tienda Online Joomla! Hikashop
magazine.joomla.org/es/all-issues/februa...enda-online-joomla-3
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 2 months ago #302708

Hi,

My previous proposal would indeed lead to long dropdowns.

In that case, I would recommend to still go with 2 options but only with the three selections like you did in your image and then add two custom fields to enter the precise value.
You won't be able to use the regex check however.
You'll have to add custom javascript to check the value entered in the input based on the selection of the options.
It not that complex, just a few lines of javascript.
stackoverflow.com/questions/24865177/add...nt-listener-to-field
stackoverflow.com/questions/15839169/how...elected-radio-button
And you could add that in one of the view files of the product page as a view override.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds