• Thank you received: 1
5 years 3 months ago #302744

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

Hi there,

I probably do something wrong and I am terribly sorry if I do but I can't find the answer myself.

I purchased the "Pre-order plugin" from your website.
I am using Hikashop Business version 4.0.1

Installation was successful and plugin is enabled.
Pre-order stock for product X is set to 10
When stock of product X reaches 0, I would expect the front-end would show "pre-order" instead of "Add to Cart"
But it does not.

Product listing shows "Choose options"
Product page itself shows: "Add to Card"

What am I doing wrong?

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by magnahifi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 3 months ago #302748

Hello,

The plugin "pre order" set-up a variable in order to change the translation used for the buttons.
But if you do already have a view override for "add_to_cart_ajax" (or you're using the legacy add to cart system) ; it might be possible that you do not have the necessary code to change the label.

Afterwards, the plugin just override the "add to cart" label ; it does not change the "choose options" label.
So if your products have options or are variants ; you will continue to have the "choose options" button.
It would be possible to update the plugin to also change that button label ; but the current version do not support it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 3 months ago #302773

Thank you Jerome,

After I removed all customisations it works now.

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 3 months ago #302991

How did you do that?

My product stock is 2 and preorder stock is 10.

When I put 2 item in the basket, it is ok. But when I add another one, basket come back to empty. I can't add 3 product to the cart… Did you have the same problem? If so, how did you solve it?

You can see the problem into this link, in cas you can help me.
www.letoilee.com/fr/hikashop-menu-for-mo...rie/editions-triades

thank to help,,

5 years 3 months ago #303015

Few things to check:
- When you add stock (Quantity) you need to make sure you "reset" the "pre-order stock" (and sent pre order stock value). The "reset" will show up below the "pre order stock" field. If it does not show up, there is no reset needed.
- Make sure you have no customisations in your views (this was my main problem)

Example:
if your stock value is 10 and your pre-order value is 5
Customer can add 10 pcs in one time to his basket.
Above 10 he gets a message: maximum amount has been reached.
When all in stock items are ordered, the system will show the "pre-order" value.
At that moment customer can order the "pre-order" amount. Above you will get a message; maximum reached.

This makes sense to me. Otherwise the customer can order more than the real stock value is. This will disappoint customer because the order cannot be shipped, some items are not in stock (the Pre-order amount)

Hope this makes sense.

5 years 3 months ago #303026

Hi Magnahifi, Jerome and Nicholas,

Customer can see the quantity in stock (it is write above the button «Add to cart»)

Here's the situation
See example with item «Abeille, fourmi, guêpe» which can be found at this address:
www.letoilee.com/fr/hikashop-menu-for-br.../category_pathway-18

There's two book in stock. My customer want 5 book of this title. So he wants to book the 2 books and 3 more book.
He adds the 2 book in the basket and then want to add 3 more book. A message appears (Maximum reached). And cart reset to 0 when he try again to add the third book.
Stock is setting to 2
Preorder stock is setting to 10
No reset need to be done

I'd like my customer to be able to add the 2 book to the basket
I'd like my customer to be able to add 3 more book to the basket without the message (maximum reached). It is the responsability of my customer to see how many item there's in stock. That is why is it written directly above the button. So my customer will receive the 2 book in a first shipping and the 3 others book in a next shipping,

You can go on-line and try with the link given without to connect to the website.

Can you help solve this matters?

Cordially,

5 years 3 months ago #303027

This is not how it functions today, I leave it up to Hika team to answer the question whether or not it can be done :cheer:

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by magnahifi.

5 years 3 months ago #303029

ok thank

Waiting for the hikateam then :)

5 years 3 months ago #303034

Hello,

It makes sense but when a customer add a product into his cart and there is stock ; it knows that its order will be sent immediately (since there is stock).
But when some products are not in stock but in "pre order", the all order will be delayed due to the state of few items.

It is not the "real stock value" ; the stock value is "10" and the pre order value is "5", what you are calling "real stock" is just the addition of two values which have different goals, which cannot really be added since it's product you have right now in stock and a number of product that you authorize to sell even if you do not have the stock yet.
In that way, the "real stock" would be 10. Since it's the stock of the real products that you have in stock.

For you the customer "should" be able to put as many items he wants but I do think that it should see the difference between products he can buy now and products it can buy to receive them when they will be available.
Merging the two in the same cart entry is not logical for me and would introduce more confusions for everybody that it will solve potential issues. It's even better regarding legal rights.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 2 months ago #329052

Hi Jerome

I need to come back to the request done 2 years ago.

Here's the situation. I would like to enter the stock on-line and want the stock to be reduced for each order done on-line by customer. I want customer to be able to purchase product even if there are not in stock right now, in the same cart process. ( I have many reseller doing their order on-line.

So here's an example about the book «Argent et le karma» that you can find right here:
www.letoilee.com/fr/hikashop-menu-for-br...category_pathway-258

Setting about this product:
Stock: 2
Pre-order stock: 100

No problem if my customer want to put 2 product in stock. But if they want to make an order for 5 books, they can't. As soon as they try to put the third book of Argent et le karma», the basket come back to empty.

Is there a way where stock can be deduced from the stock on-line and once is reach 0, customer can still add the same product in stock. They will be able to send the product not in stock but available to purchase so we can bring the right quantity from our supplier.

Thank for letting me know if there an option about this situation.

I have a customer who want to purchase 5x «Argent et le karma», How could he proceed to make his order into only one cart process?

My set-up is all in french, so if you can help me in french, it could be the best,

thank for you help

François,

François

3 years 2 months ago #329068

Hello,

The current limitation for your request is within the HikaShop core ; since the core do not see the "pre-order" stock until the stock is 0.
In order to work, HikaShop should split the "quantity" which is visible for the customer and the "quantity" which is used by the algorithms.
But it will make it more complicated to indicate to the customer if he's buying a product in-stock or not.. And the number of pre-ordered items in his cart too.

If you want to have some support in French, you have to create a new thread, in the French section of the forum.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds