Display problems on individual pages

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303636

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ccpharmacy.com.au/index.php/hikashop-men...gory/adult-analgesic
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 13.1.0
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 65.0

Hi,
most pages are displaying product correctly but pages like this;

ccpharmacy.com.au/index.php/hikashop-men...gory/adult-analgesic

are not showing the thumbnails and have random gaps (i.e. white spaces where products should be).

Is there a way to fix these minor problems. I have tried flushing the browser cache and joomla's caches.

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 2 months ago #303649

Hello,

If you want to change information that are displayed through your category/product listings then you'll have to edit our Joomla content menu which have the ID number 103 and change the value of the "Layout type" option through "Categories options" and "Products options" tabs.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303803

Hi,
to clarify. All of the product pages under these content menus are displaying correctly (i.e. with images) except for this one. So, we have set it up correctly and don't know why one single page should be different (same link as above).

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 2 months ago #303808

Hi,

That's because some of the products on your page have text too long and thus it goes on two lines and the height of the area is bigger than the height of the other elements and it breaks the grid CSS.
There are several ways to go about it:
- In the settings of the menu item, you have the "height consistency" setting you can activate for that. This will run javascript to fix the height of the elements on page load. However, this requires the layout of the menu item to be set at "div" and not "list" as you actually have it.
- A simple solution is also to force the height of the elements of the divs with CSS.
For example, if you add that CSS it should be ok:
.hikashop_product_list_item {
height: 160px !important;
}

• Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303853

Thanks for that. We already have 'height consistency' turned on. I'm reluctant to make css changes because the site is quite big and such changes can be problematic. I'll see is we can limit the length of text.

Many thanks for the detailed response.

Ian and Stu

5 years 2 months ago #303879

Hi,

As I said, the height consistency option will only work with the DIV layout, not with the list layout that you're currently using on your products listing. You could change the layout (it shouldn't change much if you use the "tite" item layout) to DIV in your menu item and you should be ok after that.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306712

Hi,
we are using the 'div' layout option on these menus but some pages that should contain product pictures don't. Like this one;

product category on the ccpharmacy site

This produces a different set of breadcrumbs to the normal (i.e. correct) category based displays by having a page without images. The term 'product listing' in the b/c line seems to be the common cause of these rare pages that display without images.

You do not have permissions to access this page.

If you can tell me how to remove this rare occurence we would be very grateful.

Here's a picture of the b/c when the menu works;

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 11 months ago #306715

Hello,

If you want your products image to be displayed then you should go to the configuration page of the Joomla content menu which have the ID number "103" and change the value of the "Layout type" option of the "Product options" tab.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 11 months ago #306742

Hi,
thanks for that. I had it set to 'div' but went to a different computer and it showed as 'list'. Strange. Fixed now! Much appreciated.

With that same menu path I don't want 'product listing' to show up in the breadcrumbs. It doesn't happen if I go to 'child analgesics' but does if I choose 'Adult analgesics'. Is there something I can do to only have 'categories listing' show up in the breadcrumbs?

Regards,
Ian and Stu

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by smithshop123.

4 years 11 months ago #306743

Hi,

I think that it's because of the "canonical URL" that you have in your categories. The alias of the menu items in them are not the same. One point to the menu item "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing" and one point to the menu item "hikashop-menu-for-products-listing" which is a child of the menu item "hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing".
So you need to modify the canonical URL of the category where you don't want the sub menu item to point to the main menu only.
Also, note that this "categories listing" is the name of the menu item. You can modify it if you edit the corresponding menu item via the Joomla menu manager.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds