Only One Menu Always Showing as Active/Current

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303758

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3

1) I just updated to version 4.0.2. and whenever I'm viewing the details of a product, the "Preowned" menu is highlighted instead of the menu item that the product is in. That wasn't happening before and I did not make any changes recently.

2) Also, when we upgrade, are the modules that are updated included in the package or do we have to update those individually?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 2 months ago #303770

Hello,

"1) I just updated to version 4.0.2. and whenever I'm viewing the details of a product, the "Preowned" menu is highlighted instead of the menu item that the product is in. That wasn't happening before and I did not make any changes recently."

Can you provide more element in order to better understand situation and process some tests like screenshot and url link.

"2) Also, when we upgrade, are the modules that are updated included in the package or do we have to update those individually?"

All plugins in the HikaShop package are updated

Awaiting news from you to progress on your subject
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 2 months ago #303851

1) So after testing some more this is exactly what is happening.

If you do a search and you click on one of the items in the result, the LAST menu item that you clicked on BEFORE you did the search is highlighted.

Example, if I click on an item in the "Sports" category, then let's say I enter "Passport" in the search, then you click on one of the results, the "Sports" menu at the top is highlighted instead of "Travel" which is the category that the passport is in.

Another example, if you click on Sports, then click on a hat, then click on Travel, then click the browser back button - the Travel menu is highlighted instead of the "Sports" menu because it took me back to the hat that I clicked on last which is in the Sports category.

I hope these examples are clear.

2) Thanks.

Thanks!

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 2 months ago #303887

Hello,

I think that I have your solution, you have to use the "Canonical URL" input to have in your url some parameters that allow the right category to be highlighted, see my screenshot :

Hope this will fit your needs.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds