Default Variant Added To Products That Have Variants

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304333

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3

Is it possible to have a default variant automatically added to products that have variants?

The reason why I'm asking is if I have 3 variant options, for example, Small, Medium and Large, and if Small is sold out, when the user first goes to the page they will see the sold out badge and it may appear that the product is sold out but it's only the "Small" size that is sold.

So if I have a default variant, with a quantity of "1", that is hidden then that would help.

Or if you can give me a better way to do this that would be great.

If you look at the private URL that I add to this post you will see what I mean.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 month ago #304375

Hi,

If you have the "out of stock" display setting of the HikaShop configuration turned off, then the default variant should normally be automatically reselected with specific javascript code when the page is loaded.
I suppose that you must have that option on.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #305050

Hi Nicolas,

I have "Display out of stock products = YES", I need it to remain this way for now.

What I would like is when you go on the product details page is does not automatically select any variant, a variant should ONLY be selected when a user clicks on one. Is that possible and how can I set that up if it is possible?

Thanks!!

• Thank you received: 611
5 years 4 weeks ago #305079

Hello,

Then, you can create a new variant, follow me step by step :
First, create a default, "select your color, or your size" etc...

Then on products side, in Variant tab :

Take care to define a 0 quantity to avoid that customer add a product with this variant default, and maybe you have to add information for customer to inform him that he have to select a variant.

Hope this will help you to get what you need
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds