Social Networks Plugin creates invalid urls for Pinterest

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304723

Hello,
if i want to display the title of the product and not the description of the product, what changes i must do to the .php file and what type of custom field should i create?
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 month ago #304725

Hi,

First, please open a new topic when your question is not directly related to the topic.
In this case, I don't see the link with the invalid pinterest URLs and your customization question, so I took the liberty to move your question to a new thread.
Also, please provide more context.
I don't know which page you're talking about. The product page , the products listing, something else ?
It would be great to give the link of the page you're talking about. If you're creating a new topic, you have a field where you can put your URL and have it submitted with your thread while not visible by anyone else other than us, if you're concerned about it.

Now, on to your questions.
To know which view file to edit for a particular area, you can activate the "Display view files" setting of the Hikashop configuration. That will tell you, on any page of your website, which view files are being used. Then, you can edit them via the menu Display>Views.
I'm not sure what is the link between creating a custom field, and displaying the product title and not the product description ?
I assume that if you want to add extra information to your products, you'll want to create a custom field of the table "product", and the type would most likely be "text" or "text area", but I'm already making a lot of assumptions here as I don't have any ocntext of what you're trying to do.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304816

Hello,
the problem is that when i am trying to pin a product via product page, the url is invalid. I cant pin the product because the description is very big. I attached the error. Can i display the title of the product instead of description? Or else how i can shorten the description that pinterest takes into acount, without shortening my product page's description. I assume that the problem is that pinterest is trying to use the whole description of the product as a pinterest title. Here is a link of a product page https://www.giakourtines.gr/kourtines/kourtinesramenes/product/3412-1-5-4

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by geogeo.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 1 month ago #304822

Hi,

Thank you, that's a lot more clear now.
I've added a patch on our end to limit the description to 500 characters when sending it to pinterest in order to fix the problem.
If you update your HikaShop, it would fix the problem. However, I see that you have a really old version of Hikashop.
So in that case, you might want instead to directly edit the file plugins/system/hikashopsocial/hikashopsocial.php and change the code in the function _addPinterestButton to replace $element->description by $element->name.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds