Product Alias beginning with a digit fails in Joomla SEF URL

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 4 days ago #305060

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.13

(I realize this isn't the most recent Hikashop. This customer's high times are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day and Easter. We will update universally shortly after Easter, so We can check for a fix then. Until then, I thought you should be aware)

Our customer recently added a dozen products whose Product Names began with digits (e.g.: "7 oz. Product Name" ). This automatically created a Product Alias value of "7-oz-product-name". When listed in a div list, the SEF link became "/easter/product/p7-oz-product-name" which Joomla could not resolve because of the initial "p" value being added.

Once I went back into the product and changed the Product Alias to "mc-7-oz-product-name", everything worked fine once more. I do know know if the error was caused by Hikashop or Joomla creating the alias improperly (possibly because it saw the initial character of the Alias value and decided to initially interpret it as a number instead of as a string).

Our prefix hack works well enough to finish the holidays, but we will be testing it thoroughly once we update the site after Easter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 days ago #305063

I've been told by our customer that they have used these product definitions before without issue, so the problem was possibly introduced within the past year. We are also aware that it might have been repaired by now. I will test the current software releases as soon as I can and post additional information,

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 4 days ago #305082

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end.
When I create a product with the "alias auto generate" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration, and that this product's name starts with a number, a "p" is automatically prefixed to the alias to avoid the SEF system identifying the product with another with the id corresponding to that number.
Now, it's possible that the "p" prefix being added automatically when the "alias auto generate" setting is activated might not be in the version of HikaShop you're using as it's indeed quite old now.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 4 days ago #305087

Thanks, good to know.

I do get the initial "p" in the generated links of the product lists, but there is no "p" added to the actual Product Alias value which is stored, and the product isn't found when following the link, which leads me to believe it could easily be a glitch in the old Joomla version.

Since we will be upgrading the site soon, the issue is minor. I mainly wanted to find out if there were guidelines, restrictions or standards involving Product Alias that I had overlooked.

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds